• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Corona Accomodation Claim...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona Accomodation Claim...

Evening all...

So. I have a case coming up in January in the small claims which has been allocated.

Long story short...I paid for accomodation starting May 15th 2020. I work offshore and rely on short term accomodation down where my son lives and take custody when I am on leave (3 months at a time) I had paid the owner of the property in advance over £3k. I could not get accss to the property. He advised me he had spent the money and couldnt afford to pay me back. We got on the phone and it was decided that because of this we would move the dates until the lockdown ended and he would add two weeks for free. Fair enough. During the interim. All booking sites were down (Booking.com etc) and I couldn't get anything local so had to travel 200 miles to the ONLY place I could get accomodation. This was after the move in date. There was literally no other option other than sleeping on the streets. The owner of the property is disputing that he owes accomodation costs incurred by me which is why it is going to a hearing.

The kicker is...I was understanding during the crisis. It's hit everyone. So there I was...expecting to move in July which would have worked. 2 weeks before the owner told me I could move in for 3 weeks but then I had to move out in August as he had plans and I could come back in September?? I declined this and now he's saying because I "cancelled" he does not owe me for the remainder of July (original booking was until August) and he's also saying he's not responsible for my accomodation costs (which I would not have incurred had I got access to the property).

What do you think? Apologies if this post is a bit scatty but it will probably last a while so look forward to any advice....
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X