• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons/Capquest VS DreamX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amethyst
    replied
    Re: Restons/Capquest VS DreamX

Defence Example

Should give you a starting point

Leave a comment:

• DreamX
    replied

Thanks for all the help guys...

Is there a default defence template I can use to get me started then edit/add the relevant information to my case?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Originally posted by DreamX View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Is the part 18 follow up REQUEST in the templates section??

Just a letter, headed CPR 18 request, [Capquest] v [DreamX] Claim no. [XXXXXXXX]
    Ask for the documentation again.
    You could also ask questions - "What happened....?", "Who did.....?", etc.
    But a Part 18 must be used exclusively for those purposes; no other issues should be included in the letter.
    It helps if each thing requested is numbered.
    Give them a reasonable time to comply......14 days? 28 days?
    As always, keep a copy & get proof of posting.

Also...I need to start thinking about putting my defence in this weekend...should I just put it as a basic "failure to comply with cca/cpr request" style defence?
    Pretty much, yes.

Regards
    ####

Leave a comment:

• warwick65
    replied

Part 18 requests are quite specific and as such there are no templates but you can google them

Yes use a non disclosure template but modify it and include the areas i suggested

maybe post it up here for a quick proof read

I alway like 1.5 or double spacing , this makes it much easier to read, students have to use it

Leave a comment:

• DreamX
    replied

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    Hi DreamX

It's just their usual stock response to a CPR 31 request.
    You could make a Part 18 follow-up request for the same info....give them something to think about!
    Thanks for the quick reply!

Is the part 18 follow up REQUEST in the templates section??

Also...I need to start thinking about putting my defence in this weekend...should I just put it as a basic "failure to comply with cca/cpr request" style defence?

Regards

Leave a comment:

• warwick65
    replied

Hi

That is, from what I see a typical Restons response
    I am not sure what you asked for in your request but from the POC it should have been the contract and arguably the notice of assignment but they don't actually mention that.

I don't really see much point in responding as you have an outstanding CCA request

However you could use a Part 18 request to ask specific questions such as

On what date was the notice of assignment issued
    On what date was the default notice issued
    What was the remedy date on the DN
    What was the remedy amount on the DN

However that might be better left until you have your defence in

Have you sent a SAR to shop direct? If not it will be money well spent if you do as it will tell you some of the answers to the above questions but who knows Restons will actually know it

Have you posted elsewhere on the forum about the details of the debt? - just helps to give greater background and not duplicate advice given

Your defence is due Monday so you need to get onto that - MCOL does often not work very well over the weekends

I think in order to give a full defence you need to mention some of the things that they will need to prove to win
    1) Your S78(1) and it is S78(6) that bars enforcement during non compliance
    2) A S87(1) Default notice needs to be served in the correct format - you do not recall receiving one and you request the claimant be put to strict proof a compliant one was correctly served
    3) A notice of assignment between shop direct and the claimant should have been served , you do not recall receiving one and the claimant is put to strict proof etc
    3) In order to be able to bring a claim the claimant needs to be entitled to , the account needs to have been assigned in accordance with the Law of Property Act and the claimant etc etc
    4) The claimant is requested to produce the deed of assignment in order to prove an absolute assignment took place or else the claim should be struck out

It is a load of techno babble and don't ask me what it all means

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

Hi DreamX

It's just their usual stock response to a CPR 31 request.
    You could make a Part 18 follow-up request for the same info....give them something to think about!

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X