• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Reston/Arrow Global

Collapse
Loading...
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Reston/Arrow Global

    Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
    I havenow gained access to the claim... I hadn't realised it was a "defence" this is what I wrote in the box:

    "I am unaware of this claim against me and seek further
    clarification to the particulars of this and proof that this is
    indeed justified. As far as I am aware I do not owe the claimant
    money."

    Well, the good news is Arrow hasn't complied with your s.78 CCA request yet have they?

    Restons often write to Defendants to say they believe the Defence has no prospects of success so they will apply to the court for a Summary Judgment etc.

    If they do that you can hopefully inform them of their client's non-compliance with your CCA request (if that's the case). Did you make Restons aware that you'd sent a CCA request to Arrow?

    You may need to amend that Defence

    How much is this claim for?

    Di

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Reston/Arrow Global

      Originally posted by Diana M View Post
      Well, the good news is Arrow hasn't complied with your s.78 CCA request yet have they?

      Restons often write to Defendants to say they believe the Defence has no prospects of success so they will apply to the court for a Summary Judgment etc.

      If they do that you can hopefully inform them of their client's non-compliance with your CCA request (if that's the case). Did you make Restons aware that you'd sent a CCA request to Arrow?

      You may need to amend that Defence

      How much is this claim for?

      Di

      Hello
      No I haven't heard anything from Arrow. I have only had that one letter from Restons. The letter I sent to Arrow (from the template) was also enclosed in the letter to Restons.
      PS How do I amend the defence
      The total for the claim is 974.39 with the costs.

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Reston/Arrow Global

        Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
        Hello
        No I haven't heard anything from Arrow. I have only had that one letter from Restons. The letter I sent to Arrow (from the template) was also enclosed in the letter to Restons.
        PS How do I amend the defence
        The total for the claim is 974.39 with the costs.

        I have now received a letter from arrow. I have emailed it if that's ok.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Reston/Arrow Global

          Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
          Hello
          No I haven't heard anything from Arrow. I have only had that one letter from Restons. The letter I sent to Arrow (from the template) was also enclosed in the letter to Restons.
          PS How do I amend the defence
          The total for the claim is 974.39 with the costs.

          I have now received a letter from arrow. I have emailed it if that's ok.

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Reston/Arrow Global

            Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
            I have now received a letter from arrow. I have emailed it if that's ok.
            can you check your emails please (just to double check)?? xx
            Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

            It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

            recte agens confido

            ~~~~~

            Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

            I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is Kati@legalbeagles.info
            But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

            Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site JustBeagle

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Reston/Arrow Global

              Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
              I have now received a letter from arrow. I have emailed it if that's ok.
              Yes and replied xxx

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
                I have now received a letter from arrow. I have emailed it if that's ok.
                Yes and replied xxx

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                  Here ya go:

                  tagging [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] xx
                  Attached Files
                  Debt is like any other trap, easy enough to get into, but hard enough to get out of.

                  It doesn't matter where your journey begins, so long as you begin it...

                  recte agens confido

                  ~~~~~

                  Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

                  I can be emailed if you need my help loading pictures/documents to your thread. My email address is Kati@legalbeagles.info
                  But please include a link to your thread so I know who you are.

                  Specialist advice can be sought via our sister site JustBeagle

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                    Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
                    Yes and replied xxx
                    Ok did you have a Debenham 's card possibly managed by GE Capital?

                    nem

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                      Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                      Ok did you have a Debenham 's card possibly managed by GE Capital?

                      nem
                      Hi Nem

                      Yes I did, but I thought that I had paid that off many moons ago. I had a redundancy pay out around that time and cleared all cards etc. I have to say this is a surprise as I didn't even recognize Arrow as anyone I had an account with.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                        That letter from Arrow admits that they haven't got the documents (Para 5) so have had to ask the original creditor to find them.

                        You sent them a s.78 CCA Request didn't you?

                        So that letter should really have said that they are unable to comply with your CCA Request and therefore the debt is unenforceable in court, because that is the true situation. How mean-spirited of them not to admit it.

                        They confirm that your Defence was filed on 17th July. The court has confirmed that it was received and sent to the Claimant who has 28 days to decided whether they wish to continue with the proceedings or not.

                        Their 28 days are up so unless they've informed the court of their intentions the claim will automatically be stayed. Call the court to check the status of your claim.

                        If would be foolhardy of them to continue if they haven't got the documents.

                        Maybe that's why they say that the claim is now being handled by their "in-house litigation team" meaning Restons Solicitors are no longer instructed

                        Di

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                          Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          That letter from Arrow admits that they haven't got the documents (Para 5) so have had to ask the original creditor to find them.

                          You sent them a s.78 CCA Request didn't you?

                          So that letter should really have said that they are unable to comply with your CCA Request and therefore the debt is unenforceable in court, because that is the true situation. How mean-spirited of them not to admit it.

                          They confirm that your Defence was filed on 17th July. The court has confirmed that it was received and sent to the Claimant who has 28 days to decided whether they wish to continue with the proceedings or not.

                          Their 28 days are up so unless they've informed the court of their intentions the claim will automatically be stayed. Call the court to check the status of your claim.

                          If would be foolhardy of them to continue if they haven't got the documents.

                          Maybe that's why they say that the claim is now being handled by their "in-house litigation team" meaning Restons Solicitors are no longer instructed

                          Di
                          Thanks so much,
                          Yes I did send them a letter requesting CCA and sent a copy to Restons. What does stayed actually mean? This letter seems a bit like backtracking.
                          xx

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                            Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
                            Hi Nem

                            Yes I did, but I thought that I had paid that off many moons ago. I had a redundancy pay out around that time and cleared all cards etc. I have to say this is a surprise as I didn't even recognize Arrow as anyone I had an account with.
                            Arrow Global are a debt purchaser they have shown up with some of these very old cards and a lot were a paperwork disaster.

                            What about the 79 payment in 2012? Any recollections as to the payment method etc.?

                            nem

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                              Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                              Arrow Global are a debt purchaser they have shown up with some of these very old cards and a lot were a paperwork disaster.

                              What about the 79 payment in 2012? Any recollections as to the payment method etc.?

                              nem
                              Hiya
                              I may have done tbh and it would have been an online banking payment but I have changed banks since then

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Re: Reston/Arrow Global

                                Originally posted by GSDgirl View Post
                                Thanks so much,
                                Yes I did send them a letter requesting CCA and sent a copy to Restons. What does stayed actually mean? This letter seems a bit like backtracking.
                                xx

                                A court can stay (suspend ) claim if for example a claimant does not respond to a defence or fails to meet other deadlines/ does not comply with an order from a judge.

                                AG have had a few problems with this specialist legal department since it was setup.

                                I suspect another lash up with this.

                                As long as they are in default of the CCA request the debt is rendered unenforceable until the agreement or compliant reconstituted one is produced.

                                nem

                                Comment

                                View our Terms and Conditions

                                LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

                                If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.


                                If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

                                Announcement

                                Collapse
                                1 of 3 < >

                                Support LegalBeagles


                                Donate with PayPal button

                                LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

                                2 of 3 < >

                                SHORTCUTS

                                Pre-Action Letters
                                First Steps
                                Check dates
                                Income/Expenditure
                                Acknowledge Claim
                                CCA Request
                                CPR 31.14 Request
                                Subject Access Request Letter
                                Example Defence
                                Set Aside Application
                                Witness Statements
                                Directions Questionnaire
                                Statute Barred Letter



                                If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.





                                NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
                                Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

                                Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

                                If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.




                                We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
                                If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
                                3 of 3 < >

                                Need Formal Help?




                                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                                Find a Law Firm


                                See more
                                See less

                                Court Claim ?

                                Guides and Letters
                                Loading...



                                Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

                                Find a Law Firm


                                Working...
                                X