• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Court Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coop
    started a topic Arrow Global Court Action

Arrow Global Court Action

I received a county court claim from Restons acting for Global in Dec 15. I acknowledged the court action. I then sent off a cca request from Restons and global with a one pound postal order. I then put in my defence probably too early stating I had requested a copy of the credit agreement together with other documentation. I received the postal order back with a letter from arrow stating they do not accept they are the creditor, but they are willing to assist in obtaining the requested information.
    i have now received today a letter from arrow stating my defence alongside a copy of a personal loan agreement from January 2004. I also noticed the debt was for 12,030 but also listed was a loan protection amount for 2,240., there is also a change of solicitor form saying Restons have ceased to act for Arrow, in the letter the claimants name is blanked out in two places. Any advice I am baffled. I will get my husband to scan all correspondence tomorrow and upload. Please can anyone advise
    Thank you
    Tags: None

• enaid
    replied
    Re: Arrow Global Court Action

[MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION]

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Could anybody help with the defence as I need to send it asap

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Thank you, the only paperwork I have are the ones scanned earlier in the thread they have sent me their witness statement with the same documents and a list of 5 other debt collectors who have had this account over the years.
    Coop

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Give the court a call first thing and tell them you need to submit your witness statement by email - what address should you send it to etc - ask if the other party have submitted theirs too. You should be okay getting your WS in now with apologies.

Did their witness statement include all the copies of documents ?

In morning I'll have a read back through the thread - if you haven't already posted up the agreement they have sent you can you post it up please ( or email admin@legalbeagles.info )

Leave a comment:

• charitynjw
    replied

I did read somewhere that even if you miss the 14 day deadline, a further warning notice is usually sent to you by the court - "Do it within 7 days or else"
    [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] may know for definite, or you could ring the court.

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

I will send via e-mail but I know it's asking a lot could you read through my thread and offer me some advice, I still do not have terms and conditions asked for apart from what has been scanned earlier in the thread, the witness statement sent to me for arrow shows a copy of the default note sent on the 29/09/06, they have sent a list of payments made and the last one made was 24/08/10. The contract agreement states that it is a top up loan which I do not recall and there is also £2,240.83 of payment protection on it which I was not aware of. The outstanding amount owed is £7946. The papers from arrow were sent whilst I have been away and I only read through them yesterday. Thanks for all your help so far.
    Coop

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi amethyst yes I have received their witness statement but I have been away for 2 weeks, am I still ok to send

thanks Coop

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Oops. Umm firstly have you received a witness statement from the other side ? If not then I would give the court a call and ask if they have received anything from the other party. If not then you should be able to get yours in Monday by email - to the court where the hearing is and a copy to the claimant.

Leave a comment:

• PAWS
    replied

Just sending out a shout
    @
    Amethyst @nemesis45

Px

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Urg please help needed I have received the court hearing date which is next FRiday I have just realised it states that parties should serve on each other and court 14 days before the court hearing, I have misunderstood this as I thought it related to my defence already entered weeks ago do I still have time to send my documents in

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Noah
    replied

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post

The claimant is no doubt fully aware of the short comings.

nem
    Reading about how some claimants behave I wonder if the y are aware of the year let alone cca request shortcomings

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Thanks everyone I really do appreciate your help, I will slowly go through all the replies and relevant court cases on the forum thanks a million for helping will keep you all posted
    Coop xx

Leave a comment:

• nemesis45
    replied

Originally posted by Noah View Post
    Thank you nemesis
    I think that point was what i was pertaining to post 63 as i had pointed out post 19 ( I am sorry I didn't have the time to read it all back earlier)

Luckily it is small claim and not as initially suggested over 10K

nem
    Would you agree
    If you need to tell AG what is missing then a generic non compliance with Cpr request and failure to fully comply with S77?
    A statement that the " agreement" does not

satisfy the CCA request and is not a compliant reconstituted agreement.

nem

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Noah View Post
    Thank you nemesis
    I think that point was what i was pertaining to post 63 as i had pointed out post 19 ( I am sorry I didn't have the time to read it all back earlier)

nem
    Would you agree
    If you need to tell AG what is missing then a generic non compliance with Cpr request and failure to fully comply with S77?
    A statement that the " agreement" does not

satisfy the CCA request and is not a compliant reconstituted agreement.

nem

Leave a comment:

• Noah
    replied

Thank you nemesis

nem
    Would you agree

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X