• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Court Action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIKE770
    replied
    Re: Arrow Global Court Action

[MENTION=1937]nemisis[/MENTION]45

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi for some reason my posts have not gone on this thread. I rang the court and was told the case was stayed however there was a backlog and they were not completely sure if arrow had been in touch. I sent the template letter put on the thread for me in regards to the case being stayed and the PPI listed not being claimed. I have not received anything else from arrow other than the attachments listed. I have now received. A directions questionaire for allocation to the small claims court. I have until the 15th Feb to send the form back. Could anyone please help with what I do from here.
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• MIKE770
    replied

follow court instructions they count at any stage??? sure others will comment also

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Could anyone please let me know if I should fill the questionairre in or wait for a reply to the letter sent above.
    Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi, I sent the letter posted above but in between I have received the court questionairre when I rang the court they told me they had the case as stayed but they had a backlog. Could you please help with the next step to take
    Thank you Coop

Leave a comment:

• NWHC
    replied

Remember that it only needs to be signed for and not 'special' . Signed for costs about 90p on top of normal postage

Leave a comment:

• nemesis45
    replied

Originally posted by Coop View Post
    Hi
    I can't believe it I have checked the online court today and a DQ is being issued, where do I go from here do I still send the template posted sorry for being so naive
    Thank you

Yes send the letter ASAP by signed for post.
    Remember the court processes continue what ever is going on the background.

nem

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi
    I can't believe it I have checked the online court today and a DQ is being issued, where do I go from here do I still send the template posted sorry for being so naive
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• nemesis45
    replied

[QUOTE=Amethyst;615810]Okay something along these lines ( others may want to add/change stuff @nemesis45 )

Dear Arrow

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx 2016.

I confirm receipt of your notice of change of solicitor and further correspondence will be sent to Arrow Global Limited, 20-22 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4JS.Seems this is coming from the Manchester Office?

I also confirm receipt of a document provided in response to my formal request for a copy of the agreement which is the subject of the claim, pursuant to s.77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This document is incomplete and thus does not satisfy your obligations under s.771) CCA 1974 and pursuant to s.77(4) CCA 1974 you continue to be unable to enforce the agreement.

You have not yet provided the full credit agreement, nor shown that this account was in default nor how any sum claimed has been calculated.

Additionally I now believe that this claim is time barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. I have made no acknowledgment of any debt, nor made any payment on any debt in relation to the alleged agreement with Egg nor any third party since XXXXX 2007.

I also note that the agreement shows an additional sum loaned for 'Loan Payment Protection'. I have no prior knowledge of this and will be investigating whether this protection had been missold.

You will be aware that the case is currently stayed in the Northampton County Court Business Centre as you failed to respond to the court following receipt of my defence. This means you will need to apply to the court to lift that stay before the case may proceed. Should you make an application to proceed I will ask the court allow me to amend my defence to add the above points and clarify my position with regards the documents you have provided.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding your intentions.
    Yours faithfully.

xxxxx

Nice letter!!

nem

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Okay something along these lines ( others may want to add/change stuff [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] )

Dear Arrow

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx 2016.

I confirm receipt of your notice of change of solicitor and further correspondence will be sent to Arrow Global Limited, 20-22 Bedford Row, London WC1R 4JS.

I also confirm receipt of a document provided in response to my formal request for a copy of the agreement which is the subject of the claim, pursuant to s.77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This document is incomplete and thus does not satisfy your obligations under s.771) CCA 1974 and pursuant to s.77(4) CCA 1974 you continue to be unable to enforce the agreement.

You have not yet provided the full credit agreement, nor shown that this account was in default nor how any sum claimed has been calculated.

Additionally I now believe that this claim is time barred pursuant to section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. I have made no acknowledgment of any debt, nor made any payment on any debt in relation to the alleged agreement with Egg nor any third party since XXXXX 2007.

I also note that the agreement shows an additional sum loaned for 'Loan Payment Protection'. I have no prior knowledge of this and will be investigating whether this protection had been missold.

You will be aware that the case is currently stayed in the Northampton County Court Business Centre as you failed to respond to the court following receipt of my defence. This means you will need to apply to the court to lift that stay before the case may proceed. Should you make an application to proceed I will ask the court allow me to amend my defence to add the above points and clarify my position with regards the documents you have provided.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding your intentions.

Kind regards
    xxxxx

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Good stuff. If they haven't yet been in touch with the court they will have to apply for the stay to be lifted before proceeding. I'll try put a letter in response to their documents letter together today xxx

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi Amethyst, I have just spoken with the court and as of Monday just gone the case is stayed. However she did say they have a backlog from the 20th of January and could not be sure if they had been in contact yet she mentioned something about 33 days so that would take the day to Saturday this week.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Okay, could you give the court a call today as you should have had a directions questionnaire by now really so see if the case has been put on hold - then we know what to reply to the letter with the documents.

Leave a comment:

• Coop
    replied

Hi Amethyst my defence was put in four weeks ago. My defence was that I had no paperwork to prepare anything as I was waiting for documents from arrow. I have since received these and have put them on the thread as attachments. I have not claimed any PPI on this debt. Could you please advise me on the next step I should take. I really appreciate everyone's help. I am going to work now but will check back on the thread when I get home. Once again thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

You've already submitted your defence based on the lack of agreement so you MIGHT need to amend, however you haven't yet had a directions questionnaire from the court? so I'd wait for that before doing anything court wise... not sure how long ago you put in your defence but once that's been in for a month, if you don't hear from the court worth giving them a call and seeing if the claimant has responded to the defence, Other than the change of solicitor.
    May be worth posting up what you did send as defence just so we know if there is any remedial work wanted before directions w's.

Yes we should write back to the claimant about the docs and bringing up stat barred, will give you a hand tmw xxx

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X