• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors - claim form ( Northampton Court )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very useful, thank you.

what do you mean don’t give away stuff so other side can use it?

how low can I ask to have the debt reduced?( %of original debt)
    for example
    mid I will be willing to pay only 30% of original debt but I will pay it in 6 months would that be reasonable or would that raise some questions in their heads?

Comment

a) what do you mean don’t give away stuff so other side can use it?

Your case will have strengths, don't give anything away to help their claim.

b) how low can I ask to have the debt reduced?( %of original debt)
      for example

You can make any offers that you feel will settle the matter. Remember mediation is a different entity to the Courts, unrelated as such.

c) mid I will be willing to pay only 30% of original debt but I will pay it in 6 months would that be reasonable or would that raise some questions in their heads?

Regardless of the offers you make on mediation day, you can continue to make offers even after mediation. You can go for 30%, maybe an affordable monthly amount. Anything goes providing they agree to it.

Comment

Just an update,

creditor agreed on 70% original debt to be repaid over instalment plan. Whatever I could afford. I agreed on £50 a month.

in few months time I will go in to negotiations again with creditor to get settlement figure reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksandra_w View Post
          Just an update,

creditor agreed on 70% original debt to be repaid over instalment plan. Whatever I could afford. I agreed on £50 a month.

in few months time I will go in to negotiations again with creditor to get settlement figure reduced.
          You should have waited until mediation. Just have to see how it 'pans out'.

Comment

well they are laughing all the way to the bank what profit? should of waited.

Comment

As I have mentioned in my previous posts the mediation was on 17 June. Please note that the agreement was mediation outcome.

Comment

Question is how long I shall wait to negotiate again with creditors? Do I have any chance to negotiate reductions. As mediation is legal binding document.

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                  well they are laughing all the way to the bank what profit? should of waited.
                  Mike. I believe purchasing the debt for around 5/10% ?

Comment

Originally posted by Aleksandra_w View Post
                    As I have mentioned in my previous posts the mediation was on 17 June. Please note that the agreement was mediation outcome.
                    What you should have done is offer a low amount i.e. 30% , they reject it, no agreement is reached during mediation. Then the matter continues to hearing, but more importantly, you can keep making offers to settle the claim.

Having reached an agreement, it becomes difficult (as you say, it's legally binding), unless you circumstances has drastically changed i.e. cost of living etc. And you are not going to have the money you thought you were going to have. Write to the Creditors explain that you can't afford that sum, you might have to fill in an Income and Expenditure form.

Comment

• If the agreement wouldn’t be met on mediation then that would go to trial, would that mean I would have CCJ agains me?

I tried to avoid that as all my default are clearing from my credit scoring in next month.

Comment

• Please note that there was a negotiation from my side. Creditor rejected my offer 30% and 50%.

I have even asked if they will be willing to go lower if I will decide to pay if the debt in 3 months. That has also been rejected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleksandra_w View Post
                          If the agreement wouldn’t be met on mediation then that would go to trial, would that mean I would have CCJ agains me?

I tried to avoid that as all my default are clearing from my credit scoring in next month.
                          The Hearing itself wouldn't result in a CCJ, it's something that's a separate step from the Hearing, further along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aleksandra_w View Post
                            Please note that there was a negotiation from my side. Creditor rejected my offer 30% and 50%.

I have even asked if they will be willing to go lower if I will decide to pay if the debt in 3 months. That has also been rejected.
                            O.K. that's good, there's no harm in writing to them , tell them you hadn't factored in gas / electricity price cap going up in October and again in April (providing you can prove you are on a Price Cap Tariff), see if they are willing to accept 50%.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X