• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removing a CCJ from my credit file

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing a CCJ from my credit file

Received a claim? No - it was sent to a very old address.
    Issue Date: 20 June 2019
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: No - it was a default judgement as I was unaware of it.
    Total Amount Claimed : £1300
    Total Amount Paid: £2300 - unexpectedly collected by bailiff

Claimant’s Name: First Parking LLP
    Court claimed in: Northampton County Court
    Claimants appeal to court: CLAIM FOR MONIES OUTSTANDING FROM THE DEFENDANT TO THE SUM OF £1,240.00, IN RELATION TO UNPAID PARKING CHARGE NOTICES ISSUED FOR PARKING ON PRIVATE LAND AT THE UNIVERSITY OF HERTFORDSHIRE. SIGNAGE CLEARLY DISPLAYED THROUGHOUT THE CAR PARK SETS OUT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARKING THAT HAD BEEN BREACHED BY THE DEFENDANT. NOTICE UNDER THE PROTECTION OF FREEDOMS ACT 2012 HAS BEEN GIVEN UNDER SCHEDULE 4 MAKING THE DEFENDANT LIABLE. DESPITE REPEATED REQUESTS, THE DEFENDANT HAS FAILED TO PAY THE PARKING CHARGES. THE DEFENDANT WILL BE PROVIDED WITH SEPARATE DETAILED PARTICULARS WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER SERVICE OF THE CLAIM. I WILL PROVIDE THE DEFENDANT WITH SEPARATE DETAILED PARTICULARS WITHIN 14 DAYS AFTER SERVICE OF THE CLAIM FORM.

Hello, I'm looking for some advise as the guidance available online is very confusing. I was at University of Hertfordshire for 3 years between 2015-2018 and incurred some parking fines there from First Parking. On advise from other older students, I ignored them (I know this is wrong now). My car was registered to a university accommodation address. I left uni in summer 2018 and sold my car Nov 2018. Registered a forwarding address with the seller. Fast forward to August 2019 and I had a bailiff turn up to my house out of the blue with a notice to collect ~£2300. I wasn't home at the time but he was threatening my housemate to take our stuff (rented house, I owned nothing other than clothes etc there). I had no idea about the claim or the total amount owed or that it was going to court. I managed to get my dad to pay for it that day because I was so scared and shocked. Its made me terrified and incredibly anxious about money ever since. I really just wanted to move on so I checked all the registery's of the relevant councils I lived at over the years and double checked anything that I could have missed payments on. Once I was certain there were no others. I didn't look into the CCJ at the time. I tried to move on and forget about the CCJ. I didn't really understand how it would affect my credit score.

Its now Feb 2020 and I still can't get an overdraft or a credit card due to the CCJ. I even got rejected from Apple's 0% financing option for a new phone because of it. At 23, I earn a really good salary (~£28,000) and its a stable job that hasn't and wont be affected by covid (thankfully) and I have lots of savings. If I have to wait for it to disappear, I'll be 28 by then and I was hoping to but a house before that (very lucky inheritance for a large deposit) I've been advised by a friend to try and get it removed from my credit file history. I just can't seem to figure out what I need to do. Its listed on my credit report as satisfied. I've got proof of payment from the debt collectors and I've got the basic info of the CCJ. It says I need to get the claimant to agree to set it aside but I can't find any contact information for First Parking LLP. What do I need to do next? Or is it even worth it?

Thanks in advance!
    Tags: None

If you can't find any contact information for the claimant through your own research, you can contact the court that filed the CCJ and they will be able to provide contact information via their most recent correspondance with the claimant.

If you're not able to reach an agreement with the claimant based on the fact that the CCJ is satisfied, your argument would most likely be that you weren't notified of its existence. If you are able to prove that you were not notified correctly, it’s possible for the judgement to be removed from your records entirely. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that this can also be a risky strategy if you don’t have sufficient proof, as it may be deemed as a waste of the court's time, and this can incur penalties.

For more information, this blog https://bit.ly/2KrNKtl has some good info related to this which may be of use. Plus if you decide not to set aside the CCJ, it has information on how best to mitigate the damage caused by it.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by CourtneyCJ; 13th April 2021, 17:09:PM.

Comment

Sorry for late reply

Their contact address here: https://www.paymyparking.net or use the address in their companies house registration.

Send a SAR to both addresses to find out what they have about you

You need to apply to the courts for a set aside. It should be successful as you had not received the claim form from the court. But you mustn't delay.

A setaside by consent, £100, or £255 if they don't. The CCJ will be cancelled.

Others will help with the setaside

Comment

____

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
          Sorry for late reply

Their contact address here: https://www.paymyparking.net or use the address in their companies house registration.

Send a SAR to both addresses to find out what they have about you

You need to apply to the courts for a set aside. It should be successful as you had not received the claim form from the court. But you mustn't delay.

A setaside by consent, £100, or £255 if they don't. The CCJ will be cancelled.

Others will help with the setaside

Hi what is a SAR?

It has been almost 2 years do you think it is too long ago now to get it set aside? TIA

Comment

SAR = Subject Access Request. Template in the shortcuts panel

You are expected go apply within a reasonable time after discovering the CCJ.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtneyCJ View Post
              If you can't find any contact information for the claimant through your own research, you can contact the court that filed the CCJ and they will be able to provide contact information via their most recent correspondance with the claimant.

If you're not able to reach an agreement with the claimant based on the fact that the CCJ is satisfied, your argument would most likely be that you weren't notified of its existence. If you are able to prove that you were not notified correctly, it’s possible for the judgement to be removed from your records entirely. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that this can also be a risky strategy if you don’t have sufficient proof, as it may be deemed as a waste of the court's time, and this can incur penalties.

For more information, this blog https://bit.ly/2KrNKtl has some good info related to this which may be of use. Plus if you decide not to set aside the CCJ, it has information on how best to mitigate the damage caused by it.

Hope that helps!
              Hi, how would I go about trying to reach an agreement with the claimant? I have their address they put on the claim but thats about it. Also if I reach an agreement with them, what am i supposed to do next? Do I still need to get it set aside by the court?

Comment

Only the court can remove the CCJ. Obviously if you can mutually agree the set aside, it will still require a consent order signed by both parties. (£100) If you cannot get hold of them, you need to pay £255 and submit an N244 application and witness statement to the court.
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X