• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons Solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons Solicitors

]Hello. This is my first post.
    I have received a huge pack from Restons Solicitors informing me that they have filed a claim with the court with regards to my old Bank of Scotland credit card. They enclosed all evidence- copy of credit agreement dated 2002, credit card statements, letter of assignment of debt. Last payment to Cabot Financial in 2017 through debt management company.
    The truth is I am struggling immensely with finances with my children and is in arrears with my rent and utility bills. I am unable to pay anything. The amount they are claiming is about 9,000. Please, help
    Tags: None

Would you be able to type out the particulars of claim from the claim form ( have you actually received it as yet?)
    Had you received a letter of claim previously that you responded to requesting information, or have Restons just done this off their own back?

Is there a default notice included in the pack at all?

It sounds like you might benefit from having a chat with Stepchange or Citizens Advice about your overall situation. Who was your Debt Management plan with and why did that come to an end?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks so much.
      I will type out the particulars tomorrow as at work at the moment.
      They have filed a claim last year and my defense stated that they have not provided any breakdown or credit agreement of this debt. The case did not go ahead and everything went quiet.
      But now I have received a huge bundle of papers from them including photocopies of credit agreement and credit card statements. I was paying for many years through Payplan and stopped in 2017 as can not afford anything any more.
      The copy of the letter they included states that total debt sold was over 5,000. But now after paying for over 10 years monthly they are claiming 9,000.
      I will check tomorrow if the default notice is included- I did not find it today after looking briefly through all the papers.
      They are asking the court to consider the case without a hearing as my previous defense is invalid, or similar wording

Comment

Ok so they are looking at applying to lift the stay so the case can proceed and requesting summary judgment ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you so much, Amethyst, for your help. Its really stressful time for me. I have taken out this card when I was a student with young kids in 2002. As the time went by, I couldnt cope with my debts and started a DMP with Payplan. I have been paying for 10 years but instead of decreasing, my debt has increased. My health has also suffered and I couldnt pay any more, so I stopped in 2007.
          I have just finished my night shift and will go through the pack and will post the details. The truth is I am in a very bad financial situation with four children and behind on my rent and essential bills. I would not be able to afford to pay anything. We are struggling to survive. I have no mortgage or car or anything valuable to sell. I am very grateful for your time helping me.
          will post as soon as I get home. Thanks.

Comment

Hi, I am really sorry, I cant find where I have seen the amount of 9,000, maybe its in the past?
            The only default notice is a copy of printout with no name, only card number

Comment

I tried to upload photos but it says I have to resize them

Comment

I have taken photos of the most important pages covering confidential details but unable to upload despite trying numerous times

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X