• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** Discontinued ** Woolfie v Bt Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can see it being 29/08/2014
    on court paper sure it says se 17 it was passed to them
    waiting on bt now

Comment

Okay, as it's a Broadband account it's unlikely that the CCA request will be valid under Part V ( it's a service agreement rather than consumer credit )

But they will have to show what the account was, that is wasn't paid, and if the amount outstanding is for a remaining contract term ( say the contract was for 24 months and you cancelled after 6 months ) they'll have to show the agreement terms allowed them to do that etc... and show how the amount being claimed has been calculated. It should show in your SAR response from BT in any case.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie842 View Post
        I can see it being 29/08/2014
        on court paper sure it says se 17 it was passed to them
        waiting on bt now
        Okay thats probably right then. There is often a big gap between default and when they sell it on to a debt purchaser like Lowell.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Information that the can’t show really don’t you think

Comment

That's the hope
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks again and I will let you know when my copy from the court arrives

Comment

Hi
                i filled in the N180 and returned to the court
                ill now send to Lowell solicitor
                could I send by email to Lowell or must it be a letter form

also I’m not sure how to do the mediation as I’m not used to all this
                what should I say to them

thanks

Comment

letter Recorded delivery for records of receipt

once mediation contact they will ask have you everything you need for mediation (i.e. default info any CCA requested if not you state No and thy will say not able to mediate in that case and the court system goes on end of mediation

Comment

Ok thanks
                    Still not received CCA tho

Comment

I have received this I n the post as have not heard anything about mediation
                      I have had no appointment
                      They are transferred back to court I think for some reason
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok just a wait and see job then ... still no documents from the claimants ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

I've had nothing nor heard anything from anyone except that I just posted
                          does it mean they won't mediate
                          I thought that was bad news when I read it being transferred back to court

Comment

Hi an update is here
                            I heard from the court saying court case January 19 and I should pay 25 pound also

Few days later had a letter from lowell solicitor saying they have instruction from their claimant to cease with this claim.

Is that the end now you think.

Comment

have you had notification of discontinuance? if not ring the court Monday to confirm

Comment

Originally posted by Woolfie842 View Post
                                Hi an update is here
                                I heard from the court saying court case January 19 and I should pay 25 pound also

Few days later had a letter from lowell solicitor saying they have instruction from their claimant to cease with this claim.

Is that the end now you think.
                                The £25 is for the other side to pay ( hearing fee )

There should have been instructions on the hearing date letter to exchange witness statements.

Its not over over until you receive the Notice of Discontinuance ( if nothing by Wednesday maybe call court to check if they have received it from the claimant )

likely they haven't paid the hearing fee so it probably has been discontinued but don't count chickens etc so prep as if the hearing is going ahead until it is confirmed not to be.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X