• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Advice

Hi,

I am looking for some advice please. I am currently in dispute with a building limited company regarding the quality of some work we had done. There is no contract or terms and conditions. We have paid roughly half the invoice amount and withheld the rest. The building company engaged a debt collector to collect the amount they claim is owing. I provided a number of reasons why I won’t be paying. Around a month later I received a ccj claim against me. I had not been sent a letter before action. I defended the claim and issued a counterclaim. The claimant did not file a Directions Questionnaire, nor did they file a defence to my counterclaim. Their claim against me has been struck out. The (single) director also quit as being a director of the company and transferred his shares to a lady who appears to take over companies as sole director until they are dissolved (not sure exactly the name of her role). I have filed a N227 form to request a default judgement against the limited company.

The ex-director (the one that took me to court) is still representing himself as director/owner of the company online and is posting about jobs they are working on. Last year he set up another limited company which he may be using now.

I would like to pursue a claim against the ex-director personally as my claim include potential fraud (I appreciate this can be hard to prove), GDPR and health and safety breaches to name a few.

Would I need to start a separate claim against him personally or could it be incorporated into the existing claim against the limited company? We have already paid £700 plus for the counterclaim court fees and would struggle to afford new fees. I have a suspicion that the limited company may now have been stripped of all assets.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi, just a quick update to say we received judgement against the building company. Could anybody suggest anyway to enforce the judgement given the situation with the director? (please see above). I was thinking of trying to issue an order to obtain information to see if the company has been trading unlawfully/fraudulently of assets had been transferred to the new limited company.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as completely lost on what to do next.

many thanks in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X