• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to get a judgement set aside

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to get a judgement set aside

    Good day i have a hearing in january 10 minutes slot to consider whether the court will set a judgement aside and from this point i dont know how to move forward. The account with arrow global is being held until the 26th November but court has put a hold on all action until the hearing https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/.
    do i just wait for the hearing? Or do i need to do something? I have never had any paperwork from anyone. Arrow global said they got my accoumt last year and went for a ccj. I dont know the amount or recognize it. Arrow global say its a credit card from 2004 and i stopped paying a 1.00 a month in july 2012 however when i asked how they got this 1.00 from what funding source arrow global stated that they dont know as it was with another debt agency. Please advise. I have searched libraries for books on court process and how to defend there is nothing its all mainly business contracts. And on line nothing either so glad i have this place to help.
    Last edited by Garaofsand; 27th November 2021, 13:42:PM.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    I think it will be set aside, as it will be statute barred, given the age of the debt. If there's been no communication or monies payed since 2012, it will have been barred since 2018. Have a look at your credit file, and see if it's still on there. You will probably need to make a statement as your reason for opposing the Judgement for the court hearing in January. If it was your debt, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If you had to pay the fee for the application to set aside, then I would chase costs as well, as they should probably have known better. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site, that may be able to offer better help on this.
    The debt will still be owed, but they can't pursue it through the Courts. Some of these companies try it on, hoping that you don't know the law, and just pay up. They may realise this when they see your statement, and abandon the claim. This happened to me once.
    Last edited by smintram; 25th November 2021, 23:53:PM.


    View our Terms and Conditions

    LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

    If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

    If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.


    1 of 3 < >

    Support LegalBeagles

    Donate with PayPal button

    LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    2 of 3 < >


    Pre-Action Letters
    First Steps
    Check dates
    Acknowledge Claim
    CCA Request
    CPR 31.14 Request
    Subject Access Request Letter
    Example Defence
    Set Aside Application
    Witness Statements
    Directions Questionnaire
    Statute Barred Letter

    If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

    NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
    Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

    Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

    If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

    We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
    If your case is over £10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
    3 of 3 < >

    Need Formal Help?

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm

    See more
    See less

    Court Claim ?

    Guides and Letters

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm