• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Which documents to request under CPR31.14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which documents to request under CPR31.14

Copied from the welcome forum as not sure it will be read, apologies for the duplication

I have received a claim issued on the 19/02/2020 for a credit card debt of around £4000k. I have completed the acknowledgement of service online stating that I intend to defend all the claim. The claimant are Asset Link Capital and their Solicitor is Kearns Solicitors. The Original creditor was Barclaycard. I have attached the Particulars of claim and I will be sending a CCA Request to the claimant shortly

Basically, I had a number of credit cards prior to 2006 when I was unable to keep up with the payments on all of them I wrote to all my creditors explaining my situation and with the help of stepchange I went into DMP with the creditors that contacted me. Quite a few of the Creditors issued Default notices during this time and I was dealing with them all through stepchsnge. I left the DMP in 2016 as I couldn't afford the payments and offered each creditor a token of £1 each month until 2018 when I just stopped making payments as I really couldn't afford anything and nothing has been showing on my credit record from then till date. I have requested CCAs from other creditors which have all come back as unenforceable but somehow, this particular debt collector has not been in contact until recently otherwise, I would have sent a CCA request earlier. Apologies for the long post but I want to ensure that I explain myself thoroughly so I can get the right information on what I need to do from here. I will appreciate you advice. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Can someone please help me. I have now sent the CPR 31.14 Letter to Kearns solicitors and I have requested for the agreement, default notice and notice of assignment. I counted 28 days from the date of the claim issue date and put my defence date as 11/03/2020 although I may be wrong here. Should I also request for an SAR from the original creditor and when should I be looking at putting my defence in. I really hope someone can help me as I have had no response from my previous posts. Thank you all in advance

Comment

Hi there

You need to ask for the documents mentioned in the claim form. which it seems youve done. The Claim appears to relate to a Barclay card agreement, can you recall how you opened the account? Can you recall if you signed a contract with Barclaycard? and if so, can you recall what documents you were given?

Have a read of this case, the judge was married to a lady who was if i recall correctly the head of legal at Barclays, and we still won. This judgment will explain i hope some of the issues that arise with Barclays agreements https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/Misc/2012/19.html
      I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi there,
        Thank you for getting back to me, I had started to give up hope! I can only go by the date on my credit report which says I probably opened the account in 2004. The application would have been done online but I have no recollection of what documents I received. Another thing is I had another Barclaycard account with Cabot which came back as unenforceable when the CCA was requested late last year. I need to start working on my defence now but will be grateful if you can advise me on when I should get that in going by the initial issue date of the claim. Thank you once again

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X