• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claimant's intention to proceed with the claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claimant's intention to proceed with the claim

Apologies for not knowing how to link this to previous posts of mine regarding this claim received. So they have sent me a Claimants completed Directions questionnaire that has been filed with the court, obviously this is standard? But why would the letter also say that they have elected to mediate in an attempt to settle the matter amicably without the need for further court intervention and should I agree to it, I should inform the court who will contact both parties to arrange a mediation appointment?* What is that all about?* * Any advice is appreciated.
    Tags: None

Claimant and defendant should attempt at all times to settle a claim before it gets to a court hearing. If you don't, it could affect the costs you receive or have to pay.

Apparently, it's done over the phone. If the parties can't agree a mediated settlement, the case goes to a court hearing.

It's free, though presumably, you can negotiate the costs aspects of a claim.

Much further than that I wouldn't mind knowing myself!
    Never put yourself on trial

Will you be able to find a surer proof of an evil and shameful state of education in a city than the necessity of first-rate physicians and judges, not only for the base and mechanical, but for those who claim to have been bred in the fashion of free men? Plato, The Republic, 405

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X