• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Judgment for claimant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandyjack
    started a topic Judgment for claimant

Judgment for claimant

I have received a judgement for claimant ( after determination ) . The courtbids the County Court Business Centre Northampton and the company claiming are Shoosmiths LLP.
    due to having years of burying my head in the sand I am currently paying off my debts. With these payments and other commitments I made an offer of £30 per month which they have rejected and are asking for £184 a month which i cannot afford ... Any advice please ?..
    Tags: None

• MIKE770
    replied
    Changing a court order for debt - Citizens Advice

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/...court-order.../changing-a-court-order-for-debt/
    This advice applies to England ... The court order means that you have to pay back the money you owe to your creditor, either in instalments or in full by a certain ...

Leave a comment:

• Debt Camel
    replied
    Read https://debtcamel.co.uk/ccj-monthly-payment-form/ and think if you should reduce what you are paying to come other debts or if the £184 is simply unreasonable.

If you are within 14 days, you may be able to ask for a "redetermination" of the amount you have been asked to pay, see https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/...ntsonaccj.aspx. This is free -talk to National Debtline (who wrote that factsheet) urgently about how to do this and what to offer.

After 14 days you have to apply to "vary the judgment" and there will be a charge unless you are on a low income.

Leave a comment:

• CLL1
    replied
    A struggle, perhaps, but not impossible? A court will expect you to have listed all income and expenditure and if you have at least £184.00 per month available, the court will consider that that is affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Mandyjack
    replied
    No it will be a struggle

Leave a comment:

• CLL1
    replied
    I'd assume, then, that the judge considers your disposable income has at least that much free to pay (based on what you put on your income and expenditure). Is that a fair comment?

Leave a comment:

• Mandyjack
    replied
    Originally posted by CLL1 View Post
    What amount per month does the judgment order you to pay?
    £184 per month

Leave a comment:

• CLL1
    replied
    What amount per month does the judgment order you to pay?

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X