• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortimers

Can this company motiners me3 obtain a court order for a debt which is over 13 years old, any help please thanks
    Tags: None

Mortimers solicitors that is.

Comment

Possibly, it depends. Did they file a claim against you ? Did you defend that claim ?

And when was the last time you made a payment to / acknowledged the debt ? When did the debt enter a default situation?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No they haven't filed a case against me, no ccjs, paid something years ago but never heard anything until now, i have asked for my credit agreement just today as i don't know what or who the debt is with as it does not state, just reference numbers. They are now however threatening us with judgements. We did send to all of our debtor's all our income and expenditures including mortimers with an offer but they refused and wanted more info ie how much we were paying to our other creditors. Bit of bullying if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Busaneil View Post
          No they haven't filed a case against me, no ccjs, paid something years ago but never heard anything until now, i have asked for my credit agreement just today as i don't know what or who the debt is with as it does not state, just reference numbers. They are now however threatening us with judgements. We did send to all of our debtor's all our income and expenditures including mortimers with an offer but they refused and wanted more info ie how much we were paying to our other creditors. Bit of bullying if you like.
          Hi

Each case must be dealt with on its own facts. To be able to assist we would need to know a little more about the background to this debt, like what was the debt for? What type of debt was it, how much is being pursued?
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi This debt was for a new sofa through black horse finance some 12 plus years ago

Comment

last payment last acknowledgement etc???

Comment

The total outstanding is 2020 pounds

Comment

Those sofa loans are usually over 3/4 years aren't they - any idea when the debt defaulted? Anything at all on your credit file?
                  You mentioned making pro-rata offers previously - do you know how long ago that was ?

You've sent a CCA request to Cabot.
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The term of the loan is crucial here i think, you need to bear BMW v Hart in mind here, a fixed term contract generally doesnt end til its over or til a default notice is served and then the loan is terminated. so its important to get that loan agreement first id say
                    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X