• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please with Lowell county court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with Lowell county court claim

Hello,

i really do do need some help with this and was directed to you guys by a friend who said you really helped her

so so I received this from Lowell portfolio I LTD

was a pretty rubbish time going through some stuff, got in to quite a few Debts and buried my head.
    I can’t even tell you if the amounts they claim of £193 (before their fees) are correct.

I can’t tell you if Lowell have written to me like they say, as I’ve literally been binning any debt letters, it was my sister who opened this one.

being on benefits as a Carer for my disabled brother makes the amount pretty unaffordable

I’ve read that the best thing to do is to respond to the claim online stating I wish to dispute the claim and then request information from lowell? Is this correct? What information do I actually request?

is their a template I can send? Because I really don’t have a clue when it comes to anything like this

im running out of time to respond.

any help would be so very much appreciated. I really am out of my depth here!

thank you
    Tags: None

1B9C7B11-33EE-4E70-A024-965F07555FB1.jpeg

Comment

1 of 2> SHORTCUTS

First Steps
      Check dates
      Acknowledge Claim
      CCA Request
      CPR 31.14 Request

Example Defence for later

what is the claim for credit card/telecom etc ?????? details pls

Comment

Hi Mike

thank you for your reply

The debt is for A catalogue, Julipa

does this mak a difference?

sorry for being vague in my original message, as I said I really am out of my depth with all this so I appreciate you taking the time to reply

Comment

we need info i.e. taken out ? CCA1974 signed??? last payment? default date? amount? etc etc

Comment

An Ambrose Wilson catalogue? It just helps to know as some firms have specific issues with documents.

on
            1st March 2018
            , Julipa will become Ambrose Wilson.

which is JD Williams.

On the Particulars of Claim does it say Julipa, Ambrose or JD williams, or even N Brown ?

Anyway, Welcome I'm sure you can get this sorted out, it's not a huge debt.... it is likely it will be enforceable as it's pretty recent and was likely applied for/opened online so the agreement will be easily available ( saying that, you'd be amazed how often they fail to provide documents ) so you might need to make an instalment offer once they have evidenced the claim to keep it from becoming a CCJ.

So you first need to acknowledge the claim as Mike has said. Just tick intend to defend in full - log in on MCOL using the details bottom right of the claim form. No need to write anything at this stage, this is just to make sure you have the full 33 days from the date of issue ( which is when ? - as you've crossed it out )

Then get the letters sorted to try find out what the amount is made up of. So as Mike posted you want to send a CCA request to Lowell for the agreement, a CPR 31.14 request to Lowell Solicitors for the Agreement, Notice of Assignment and Default Notice.

I would also send Ambrose Wilson a Subject Access Request to get details of transactions, default date etc.

You can do that on email

informationrequest@nbrown.co.uk

Example Subject Access Request Letter

Is there anything showing on your credit file about this ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X