• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of Claim - Lowell solicitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of Claim - Lowell solicitors

Good evening,

I’ve recently returned from Australia and have discovered I have a debt from Lowell solicitors. My parents haven’t checked my mail and when I’ve opened it there’s a debt from Vodafone for a contract I had a while ago which Must have been passed on.

Ive currently opened around 3 letters. The oldest is a pre legal assessment stating an offer, the second is a ‘Letter Of claim - 30 days to prevent legal action’ which oddly states ‘on 29/10/2011 you entered an agreement with Vodafone’ - this letter is dated 18/8/2018. The last letter, which I have attached, is a notice of claim, which advises they have begun legal proceedings. I have yet to receive anything from the actual county court.

I can’t afford to pay this at the moment. What is my best course of action? Thanks for any help, it’s greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Attached Files
    Tags: None

Just bumping this for guidance

Comment

Hello

Can you post up the other letter that says you entered into the agreement on 29/10/2011.

Can you give some background to this i.e. did you stop paying and why?
      If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      LEGAL DISCLAIMER
      Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I can post that letter next Monday, currently away. The phone contract probably began around 2011 - hence why it states this. I renewed my contract and then decided to move to Australia. I asked if I could lower the tariff to lowest possible so I was just paying the minimum + cost of the phone. They advised if I had a rang a day earlier they could, which seems very unreasonable to me after nearly 4 years of being a customer they wouldn’t reduce - even though I wouldn’t be using minutes, SMS + internet.

I stopped paying around a year after that due to the principle. This was unwiseand in hindsight I would just pay the amount. Eventually I just forgot about it as I had some severe life problems. I definitely owe the money and would be willing to pay a small amount per month.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Morning

I think I may contact the court and find out if there has been a claim issued as claimed in Lowells last letter - that is dated September 2018 and thus I'd expect, if you hadn't received and responded to the court papers, there to be a default judgment in place by now. There is a claim number on the letter so give Northampton CCBC a call and ask them the status of the claim.... and if they can send you the details by email. Then you may need to look at having the judgment set aside, depending on the date the judgment was obtained. If it was issued just before they sent that letter you may be within 28 days from judgment ( possibly around 20th October ) and can pay it to ensure the CCJ isn't registered against you for 6 years. But of course that depends how strongly you feel about defending the claim. Statute barred will depend on the term of the original contract, if that was 12 months for example the start date for time barring wouldn't have been until October 2012.

Telephone 0300 123 1056

Telephone 01604 619 400
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X