• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWF Letter for a return made in August 2021

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWF Letter for a return made in August 2021

Hello all,
    I received a letter from dwf telling me to pay for an ****** order I made in August 2021. The letter says the return was never received. I returned the items and received an email saying we have received the items in August and now I have this letter.
    I have seen this issue on a few forums online.
    I know that from my end I returned all the items with the label given. I also never received any correspondence from ****** directly saying nothing was received.
    At this point I am not sure what to do.
    Tags: None

I would write to DWF telling them I had received confirmation from the seller that the returned item was received, enclose a copy of the email, and tell them you do not expect to hear from them again

Comment

I will do that. The letter states I deadline for the payment. Can this just be ignored?

Comment

Deadlines, except those imposed by a court, may be ignored.

Comment

Thank you for the help so far.

I have received a reply saying that dwf were told the box was empty or items were missing.
          They are asking for evidence that the items were returned.

I don't have the proof of delivery since the return was made in August.
          All I have is the email saying the retuned items have been received.
          How should I respond to this?
          Last edited by banana348; 11th May 2022, 10:17:AM.

Comment

All I have is the email saying the returned items have been received, then they have acknowledged receipt??

Comment

I have responded with the email saying the retuned items have been received. I forgot to attach it in the initial email. Will wait for a reply.

Comment

Tell DWF to stop bothering you.
                Repeat that you have the dealers confirmation the item was returned, and any further communications from DWF will be taken as harrassment and you will report their actions to the SRA

Comment

I have not received a response yet. Should I be chasing them up with this?

Comment

only just sent OFF???????????

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                      only just sent OFF???????????
                      Sorry I don't understand. What do you mean?

Comment

Why would you want to chase it up?
                        Don't stir up a hornets nest!

Comment

Another letter was received with this line: “Whilst our Client processed the refund they never, in fact, received the products). The refund was, therefore, made as a result of a mistake.”
                          they also said this:
                          ”Ignoring this letter will lead to us seeking our Client's instructions to start court proceedings against you - making a claim for the recovery of a payment made under mistake - without further notice to you, and may increase your liability for costs. Further our Client would be entitled to claim interest on the amount refunded.”

Should I still ignore these letters? I made these orders in 2021.

Comment

Obviously these are standard template letters being sent out by DWF who aren't bothered about your response.

This time tell them you are fed up wuith them ignoring the fact that their client has acknowledged receipt of the items and if they wish to take this to court you will ensure the court are copied into this correspondence.
                            Also advise that if they continue with this line of harassment you will be reporting their conduct to the SAR.

Finish with all you expect to hear from them now is confirmation they are deleting your detailsfrom their data base

Comment

hi there has anyone had any further updates from DWF ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X