• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DWF - Claiming for returned goods?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWF - Claiming for returned goods?!

Hi

hope this is the correct forum and you can help me as I’m really worried!!

I purchased quite a few pairs trainers from ****** to try on as our local store closed down. I sent them all back as they didn’t look like they did on the website. When I sent them back via their own prepaid label, I received an email a couple of days later saying they have received my items and issued a refund. All good. This was back in October 21.

I received a letter today from DWF claiming that ****** hadn’t apparently received my return and wanted the full refund issuing back to them! The tracking shows this was delivered to them via total mail and they even emailed me confirming they had received the goods. How on Earth is this allowed?!

anyway, I’m really really worried because they’re asking rm to pay them money that 1) they aren’t entitled to and 2) is alot of money to me.

can anyone suggest what I should do?! I would I attach a photo of my letter but it doesn’t let me
    Tags: None

keep that email very safe! And send DWF a copy, explaining that you will not be returning the money as you are entitled to it.

Keep copies of all letters, emails etc.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

.... and write to DWF advising you have confirmation that the dealer received the goods and that DWF should return the matter to their principals.
      Tell them that you do not anticipate any further communications from them, other than confirmation they will not be contacting you again about this matter.

Comment

So, to clarify, the advice is not to ignore them and contact them in this case? I have attached a copy of the letter now my posts are approved if this helps. Really worried as it’s a lot of money to me

26E6739C-39AE-43DB-BB19-49DF8EF2E85A.jpeg

Comment

to clarify, the advice is indeed to reply as previously indicated by Des8 and myself.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Thank you, appreciate it!

Comment

I got the same letter. Did you end up emailing them or are you just going to ignore them?

Comment

stevenshoe it doesn't matter to you what the OP decides to do.
                If you want advice please start your own thread.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X