• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Criminal record - Primark shoplifting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I meant security personnel

Comment

Thank you for the help that means I can go without fear of getting report or any fines or an direct insult . If they tell me to leave I can just leave quietly... thank you so much

Comment

Do you see a pattern of extortion from Primark...??

While one does not condone shoplifting under normal circumstances, there are those that are at the end of their tether to survive...

Using a earlier post as an example;

Originally posted by Ric_012 View Post
        Hi, I have also been caught shoplifting at Primark on the 6th of August and today I received the letter showing the fine. The total amount of money of the items that I attempted to steal was only £12, however when I opened the letter I was quite shocked as the fine was of £191. I knew that what I did was wrong, and therefore I cooperated with them and admitted what I had done. Now after doing some research I found that many people chose not to pay to fine, and I don’t plan on paying it either. Do you suggest I should do that? And if I don’t, is there a chance of being taken to court?
        £12 was the item/s in question £191 is the fake fine [scare-mongering]...

£191
        -£ 12
        _____
        =£179 pure profit & they kept the items to sell on...

Most they can do is ask for the £12 to be paid or call the police...

Making out a fine, when not seen in front of a juge & jury of 12 peers in court is a criminal offence of mail fraud under the Fraud Act 2006 for sending threatening & menacing letters..

Thereby, who are the real criminals...??

Comment

good morning, today with my friend we were caught stealing prymark for a sum that fluctuates around 100 pounds because we talk about blankets. Â*They made us leave our data and told us that they would send a fine to the London address, as we are on Erasmus in London. Â*I wanted to know if there is a way to understand more or less than the fine will be and if it will be unique or single for me and my friend. Â*Thank you for listening

Comment

no police involved?Â* then they cannot fine you only a court could do that:-Â* they will send speculative invoices in the hope you believe they are entitled to get money out of you, about 6 in time then give up as you have notÂ* paid,Â* so ignore and do not do it again.Â* BUT if they try to get heavy handed come back here and tell us what>

Comment

Good evening!

As you don't mention them, I assume the police were not called.
              That being the case you will not receive a "fine".
              In the uk only the courts can impose a fine.

What you will receive is a letter from a firm (probably RLP) demanding payment of an exorbitant sum for some imagined losses.
              This is a speculative invoice which can be ignored.
              The demand will be in legal language intended to frighten you into paying.
              Ignore it, and the following 4 or 5 follow up letters.
              When they finally realise you are not paying their demands they stop writing to you.

Both you and your friend will receive these demands

Crossed with Mike due to slow typing skills

Comment

Hello, a few days ago I got caught stealing from Primark and now completely regret doing so for something so small and cheap. It was very cheap probably around the £5 mark but as soon as I left the store I heard a security man ask me to come back into the store. I immediately felt guilty but was relieved that it wasn’t made into a big scene in public. They took me back to a room and told me I was going to get a fine and not have the police involved which made me much calmer. I’m more worried about this letter going home and my family opening it because I’m currently away from home. Does anyone know how long it takes for letters to start coming in and around how much it’ll be?*
                *Also, if I apply for any jobs in the future this won’t come up during checks right?*

thank you in advance for any advice*

Comment

Also sorry If i do pay the fine, does it mean the letters won’t come anymore?

Comment

Firstly it is NOT a fine, it is a demand for money.

Impossible to say how soon the first letter will arrive demanding around £150.
                    Sometimes within a week, other times after 6 weeks.

Yes, if you pay they will stop writing to you, but not a recommended action.
                    Probably be cheaper to apply to Royal Mail to redirect your post if you don't want your family to discover your mistake

Comment

Hello,

I finally received a letter two months after the incident demanding £99.50. I was wondering due to advice in the thread to not pay, how many letters are sent overall? Is it better though to just pay. Thanks

Comment

Don't pay, you will just encourage them.* There is a collection of the letters on this site so you can see what to expect.

Comment

About 6, here's a link to the scary letter collection:*https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...rs-rlp-and-dwf

Comment

hi i been caught today shoplifting from primark for a jacket that costs 17£ and i got put in a room saying i need to pay for a fine i gave them my address and full name but no police was called i told them i can pay for the jacket they said no and i have to leave and they also sort of mocked me to. i also had a my dads mate with me who’s 31 or something what would happen to him? i saw that there a private company and i don’t have to pay them nothing

Comment

forgot to mention i am a minor 14

Comment

You are quite right in that you do not have to pay them anything.
                                You will not be sent a fine (only courts issue fines) but a bill for some losses they imagine they have suffered by your action
                                However it is really onlya tactic to try and get some money from you and scare you into not doing it again.

Regarding the adult with you, were his details also taken?
                                It is unlikely that anything will happen to him either, unless he manipulated and coerced you into stealing.
                                Last edited by des8; 30th October 2022, 17:29:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X