• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blackhorse Motor Finance Interest Refund ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaggybfc
    replied
    Re: Blackhorse Motor Finance

Thanks Kati,
    it doesn't mention PPI or insurance anywhere in the letter.

Leave a comment:

• Kati
    replied

Could it be PPI related? Maybe they're getting an offer in to stave off you claiming

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I can't find anything Googling around, but I'd be cautious. I can see no reason whatsoever why they would volunteer the information rather than keep your money as profit.

If it were me, I'd pay the money into a little used account and leave it for a fair while before risking spending it, just to play safe.

Leave a comment:

• shaggybfc
    replied

Hi thanks,
    Oh yes completely cynical when it comes to banks and any finance company.... far too many 'scams' they have been involved in recently

the letter states
    "The consequence of this is that we are not entitled to retain the interest paid by you after the first incorrect statement was due to be sent to you"

"as we are not entitled to retain this interest, we are refunding back to you all the interest relating to and paid by you during the period that we did not provide the correct notice with the annual statement(s). Our calculations show you are entitled to be refunded interest of £1194.86 in respect of this period"

Since this agreement is 2 years old, I'd have to go up in the loft to dig out the original paperwork for further detail.

It sounds like they have been warned about 'improper' trading and trying to make amends,,, hoping I take an early settlement...

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied

Ooo you are cynical....but probably right. I'll try have a dig about see if Motorpoint/BHF have been ticked off for anything or if anyone else has had similar.

The amount of £1194.86 what does that relate to - is it all the interest that was charged from the time you traded in for another car to what would have been the end of the original agreement ?

Can probably help you work it out if you give us the amount borrowed, interest rate, term of contract ,date of inception and the date of trade (or upload a redacted copy of the agreement)

Leave a comment:

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X