• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disgraceful treatment by Amazon - Account Suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disgraceful treatment by Amazon - Account Suspended

Just spoken to Kate xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Super! I will create a thread in the Inner Temple and link back in due course.

I think The Inner Temple would be a apt name for the VIP section if you ever are thinking of renaming it.

You'll probably get a stiff letter from the Bar and a bar for ever being called to.

We've have a client in Lamb Chambers. Can't name him for privacy reasons. I'd set him on Amazon if I could afford him.

Comment

Rothgar

Amazon issue aside - Do you sell online via any other means such as your own website? If you do have your own website, are your products submitted to google shopping?

I myself own online websites (which i built myself) selling products purely by listing on Google Shopping which directs people directly to your products listing page on your website. I don't even waste my time with the likes of Amazon or eBay where i would have to kneel to their commands nor would i give either the time of day. Google Shopping gives you just as much exposure, and amazon payments can be implemented on your website along with PayPal payments (which is the fasted, i.e. in your bank within 24hrs usually) plus many other payment solutions such as sage can be implemented quite easily.

I may be able to help you out if your interested.
        Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothgar View Post
          According to the Participation Agreement, we waive the right to any interest
          But haven't they broken that agreement?

but I wonder about the loss of profit in the run up until Xmas.
          Alas, such losses would be difficult to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

Alas, such losses would be difficult to prove.
            Not quite true - You can base your losses using estimates of what your profit would have been this year based on the previous years sales! Very similar to when you work out a cash flow plan for a business plan. If your profit from the date of your amazon suspension and say for example January 31st 2014 is lower than the same period the previous year. Then that is actual lost, your then add your estimated growth profits for this year for that same period to your actual losses to get your Net Total losses amount caused by your amazon account suspension.

Growth Profits for this year can be worked out by comparing earlier period (November) of 2013 with same period of 2012 to see increase of profit and work out the percentage of increased profit and use that percentage to work out the growth profit you lost out on for December 2013 (or from date of amazon account suspension) and turn it into a figure (total profit times percentage eg. if profit is £20 and growth profit is 10% then the sum is £20 x 1.10 = £22 as ten percent of 20 is 2. So its always multiply by 1.(%))

Its important that you use periods with the same amount of days in though to work out your losses compared to previous years profits and to work out your growth percentage.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

That would be a prediction or an estimate, but would it be accepted as proof?

Comment

That would be a prediction or an estimate, but would it be accepted as proof?
                Yes it would, as you would have the sudden drop in sales. So its perfectly reasonable to to say that a reasonable man of sound mind would conclude that Amazons actions would certainly lead to loss of sales and therefore lost of profit, compared to the sales and profit that the OP would have made if Amazon had not taken such actions.

As such its perfectly reasonable to provide predicted sales and profit based on last years for the same period and based on the growth percentage of the previous months sales or previous period of equal time frame. The OP would merely have to present his accounts and calculations as to how he came to the figure hes claiming as losses.

Comment

"reasonable man of sound mind"

Thereby hangs the problem...

I lost it the last week.

Thanks for all this. It will prove extremely useful.

As we will not receive any stock back, if I placed a removal order today, until very probably into the New Year. I am going to have to focus on the business right up until Saturday now.

Even worse, CleverClogs, it could be deemed not to be a 'genuine pre-estimate of loss'. But my maths are very good indeed and I tend to be very thorough. When you are so anally retentive that you search for 1p in a year's turnover and don't stop until you balance the books perfectly, you actually realise something is seriously wrong with your psyche.

Some of Amazon's problem in fact come from thre fact that their former policy that a company (cannot make their own business decisions) cannot sell the same item for less elsewhere. I'll need to check it out but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say you must not sell the same item for more elsewhere. Oh dear Amazon. There are popular items we have the sell for 600% profit more than on Ebay than on Amazon purely because when you send an item to Amazon to be fulfillled and you end up competing with Amazon to even get a sale then the profit margins on Amazon can be miniscule but our stock is also under the Multi-Channel Fulfilment whereby they store it for us and send it to customers who have purchased on other channels where there may not be the sale ferocious level of competition.

On the subject of interest, I am not sure on the position of the contract at this point in time but I'll be looking at repudiation in due course but some clauses are noted as extant following termination. Not sure how clauses can exist if no contract exists but that's another thing for another day. Strangely, it reminds me of Nottingham's motto, "Vivit post funera virtus" or Virtue survives death. They'll probably be a latin equivalent along the lines of "Amazum post funera shaftus". The last word should probably be "shaft us". My latin is a bit rusty!

Comment

NEVER ASSUME!

It would seem that the initial email from Amazon received 02:18 06/12/2013 is entirely unrelated, according to information that Celestine is privy to, reading between the lines.

Now! As I do not believe in coincidence I find this is somewhat strange.

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                      Rothgar

Amazon issue aside - Do you sell online via any other means such as your own website? If you do have your own website, are your products submitted to google shopping?

I myself own online websites (which i built myself) selling products purely by listing on Google Shopping which directs people directly to your products listing page on your website. I don't even waste my time with the likes of Amazon or eBay where i would have to kneel to their commands nor would i give either the time of day. Google Shopping gives you just as much exposure, and amazon payments can be implemented on your website along with PayPal payments (which is the fasted, i.e. in your bank within 24hrs usually) plus many other payment solutions such as sage can be implemented quite easily.

I may be able to help you out if your interested.
                      Hi there.

I entirely missed your post. I have a lot on my plate at the moment.

We do have a website via EKM but I have not finalised it and it would have been great to get up and running for Xmas but, as always, I am always chasing my tail and finding other important things to do.

I would be very interested to perhaps have a chat with you so please PM me and we can see where we go with it. That would be prima as they say in Deutschland.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothgar View Post
                        That would be prima as they say in Deutschland.
                        Rather than, "Heute ist das Sudetenland, morgen die Welt!" ? :rofl:

Comment

Rather than, "Heute ist das Sudetenland, morgen die Welt!" ? :rofl:
                          Jawohl, Herr Kommandant. Amazon vill komply!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X