• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Goldtrail Administration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goldtrail Administration

Thank you but no offence meant you still failed to answer the question as to the amount i need to insert. So I will just go with what I originally claimed, which was the deposit money at £572.60.
    I hope I am doing this right as I cannot keep asking the same questions over and over again, besides the fact its delaying me sending I think you will get rather bored of them very quick.

I will let you know how I get on .

Thanks again

Crystal clear

Comment

572.60 is the amount you have lost therefore 572.60 is the amount you should be claiming.
      Is no longer here

Comment

Just an update - claim sent to HSBC last week and claim sent to Cap One today. (both seperate issues claims different sets of flight losses )

Following on from the Hsbc telephone call i mentioned last week I today received the Dispute enquiry letter.
        Stating that the retailer was fully atol bonded, so please contact atol for a refund. If they are not providing a refund please provide us with a copy of the letter from Atol. , advising you to contact the credit card company.

Please reply within 14 days, using the prepaid envelope provided.

Am I correct in thinking that I do nothing with this letter as it was sent or dated 7th Sept 2010. I sent them my LBA on the 9th sept 2010 to HSCB . ???
        or what do I do from here ???

Crystalclear

Comment

Ignore it.

You may claim from either ATOL or your card issuer. A bothersome fact that your card issuer would rather keep from you, but the law nonetheless.

Do you have the means to scan their letter, since I imagine that the Financial Ombudsman Service would be very interested in this. They have the power, which they also exercise, to fine companies who deny consumers' their rights.

Comment

Answer as I thought thank you. ref the scanner I will have soon but I can get it scanned in the meantime if I need to in a hurry. I can also copy now.

Crystal clear

Comment

I am curious about what they have written, but there is no rush to post it. Please also remove all personal information first.

Comment

Here is the letter I received just I typed word for word deleting my personal info only. I thought it would be quicker than borrowing a scanner.

Mrs Crystal clear
                1 any street
                Some town

7th September 2010

Ref: ****

Dear Crystal clear

Dispute Enquiry

I write with reference to your enquiry for the charge of £907.47 from airflights.co.uk.

Please also be advised that the above retailer is bonded by ATOL, so please contact ATOL for the refund. If they are not providing the refund please provide us with a copy of the letter from the ATOL advising you to contact the credit card company.

Please reply within 14 days, using the prepaid envelope provided.

If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service Team on 08457 404 404

Yours sincerely

(Signature)

Manager, Chargebacks

Comment

This is word for word?

That is astonishing. You should consider sending that to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Alternatively, you could suggest to your card issuer that they explain why they have proposed that you claim from ATOL when the law pertaining to refunds in these circumstances is quite clear. Then send that reply to the
                  Financial Ombudsman Service.

Comment

I think the alternative is better, Cet. Quoting the relevant law in the letter. It would be most interesting to see how they try and wriggle out of that one wouldn't it, which no doubt they will. It would also provide more rope for them to hang themselves with when they are reported to FOS.
                    Is no longer here

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                      This is word for word?

That is astonishing. You should consider sending that to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Alternatively, you could suggest to your card issuer that they explain why they have proposed that you claim from ATOL when the law pertaining to refunds in these circumstances is quite clear. Then send that reply to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

yes it was word for word as i said i took out only my personal stuff but left everything else in there.

I have already sent HSBC the LBA letter on the 9th sept and am awaiting reply as both my letter and theres crossed paths so to speak. So should i wait before sending them any further letters to see what they actually reply to the LBA one 1st?
                      The word for word one above was the result of the phone call i with HSBC where he said he would send a letter to get confirmation atol would not pay and you typed me a reply and LBA including details of there breaches and the phone call in it.

Crystal clear

Comment

You have sent a Letter Before Action and therefore your next course of action is to issue a claim, as your LBA stated that you would. There is no middle ground here, this ends when they pay you and not before.

I am staggered that HSBC would allow such a letter to be sent out. The English, if you can call it that, is atrocious.

Whether or not you choose to reply to it is entirely up to you. It should not alter your resolve with regard to issuing a claim, should they not respond positively to your LBA.

Comment

I have received the below letter (word for word personal details only removed ) From Capital one in reply to my LBA letter. also the word comsumer is as they typed it not me.

Mrs Crystal clear

Ref:****
                          14th September 2010-09-16
                          Dear Mrs Crystal clear
                          Acc No ********

Thank you for contacting us again about the transactions to Airflights.co.uk

We have not misled you under your statutory rights, as you claimed. We have no liability under Section 75 of the Comsumer Credit Act 1974, with regards to the situation that you have found yourself in.

The merchant that debited our account, Airflights.co.uk are still trading. They can be contacted on 0800 **** ***

As previously advised, the CAA website gives clear instructions and guidance on how consumers will be refunded when impacted by the Goldtrail collapse. Please refer to their website and liaise with Airflights.co.uk. They will then process your request for a refund of the monies you paid.

For clarity, I would add that if you had been debited by Goldtrail directly then you claim would have been valid, and we would have refunded you accordingly. This is not the case as described above.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We hope this provides you with all the information you need. If not, or if you need any other help, please call us anytime on 0844********

(*8444 numbers- typical call charge from a BT landline is 5p per minute plus a connection fee may be charged. Calls from other networks and mobiles may be higher. Calls may be recorded/monitored for training purposes.)

Thanks for being a Capital one customer

Yours sincerely

Signed

Customer Relations Manager

So please whats my next course of action regarding this reply ?

Crystal clear

Comment

The fact that Airflights are still trading is a complete irrelevance.

The contract that you entered into has been breached, thus your card issuer is jointly and severally liable with the supplier.

Have you issed a Letter Before Action to Capital One also?

Comment

Yes I did say earlier that this was the reply I got from Cap One following the LBA letter I had sent to them.

Any idea what I should do now ?

Crystal clear

Comment

Did you purchase a package, part of which included flights from airflights?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X