• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Open a new business

Collapse
This thread is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open a new business

Hello everyone. I am a new user and I don’t know if this thread was posted before or not, I am a bit of a noob and dunno how to look for it.
    I was thinking to open a business into the UK.
    first was thinking to build my own kiosk on a public land where it’s busy to open a juice bar. Who do I speak with?how can i get electricity and water to my own kiosk? Are generators legal in city centre?
    The second option was to rent a place but I think will be more convenient to build my own thing and just pay some rent for the land..? Thank you for your time to reply
    Tags: None

In your question, it sounds as if you are not a resident of the UK. Can you confirm if you do live here?

When starting a business, the first point would be to discuss the business with an accountant, who can guide you regarding what you may need.

Comment

Also, you would need to look at the regulations that govern the type of business you want to operate. If it's a kiosk on public land, then you need to seek permission from the Council etc. There's Health & Safety to consider, as you are serving food, environmental health considerations etc. There is a lot to it.

If it's a shop, just because there is an empty shop, doesn't mean you can open a juice bar, it will be down to what existing shops sell etc. Again a lot to it.

Top tip, find an existing juice bar that is professional in everything they do, then see if they are willing to mentor you in every aspect of the business. Maybe work there free for a month or so, take notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam101 View Post
        In your question, it sounds as if you are not a resident of the UK. Can you confirm if you do live here?

When starting a business, the first point would be to discuss the business with an accountant, who can guide you regarding what you may need.

That's the problem. Where I live there is no juice bars. So I was thinking to open one but I don't know where to seek advice from. You are telling me that I have to sell whatever other juices bars selling? Am I not allowed to make my own menu or what? That's ridiculous tbh. You should be free to do your own business.
        Last edited by Abyss94; 26th May 2022, 09:19:AM.

Comment

I live in the UK for 9 years now but I've never tought I'll open my own business.. now I got the money for it and I would like to invest it in something and work for myself, that's the best way for me.
          So I consider myself a noob atm, don't know where to get advice from and how to start it. I know like what equipment I'll need for a juice bar but when it comes to "Food health and safety" and who can I speak with to get some land, I'm a noob.
          Also as I mentioned before will it be cheaper to rent a piece of land from the council and build my own kiosk or will it be cheaper to rent allready a place with everything in(electricty, water). I'm thinking long term... also was thinking to get eco electricity from the sun and wind.

Comment

Possibly better to rent something that you can start operating without delay, but get advice from the local authority who may be able to direct you to the areas of health and safety. Be prepared for losses if you don't have the knowledge. May be best to try and work in the industry and study the way to make profits. Investing in land is very speculative and you could loose all your investment. Always take the cautious path until you know what you are doing.

Comment

Possibly better to rent something that you can start operating without delay, but get advice from the local authority who may be able to direct you to the areas of health and safety. Be prepared for losses if you don't have the knowledge. May be best to try and work in the industry and study the way to make profits. Investing in land is very speculative and you could loose all your investment. Always take the cautious path until you know what you are doing.
              I've done some reaserch about this business. I've got like a scheme set up to follow and untill people starts to know you, I do expect losses. I'm pretty young, I've got the knowledge to promote myself on social media or around town. So the local authority will be the Council, right? I need to contact them.

Comment

My first business was in catering when when I left college and started a new Cafe at age 18 and ran it for 3 years profitably, but it was much easier all those years ago.

Have you actually worked in this specific industry of Juice Bars?

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss94 View Post

I've done some reaserch about this business. I've got like a scheme set up to follow and untill people starts to know you, I do expect losses. I'm pretty young, I've got the knowledge to promote myself on social media or around town. So the local authority will be the Council, right? I need to contact them.
                  How is it going to stand out from other juice bar's?

Why would I go to your juice bar?

Is it going to sell juices in the summer months and hot soups in the winter months?

Are you going to deliver them?

Comment

My first business was in catering when when I left college and started a new Cafe at age 18 and ran it for 3 years profitably, but it was much easier all those years ago.

Have you actually worked in this specific industry of Juice Bars?
                    Never worked no. But I've got the plan and I know how things will work in different countries, not in the UK tho

Comment

Originally posted by echat11 View Post

How is it going to stand out from other juice bar's?

Why would I go to your juice bar?

Is it going to sell juices in the summer months and hot soups in the winter months?

Are you going to deliver them?
                      Nope, selling juice all over the year + a coffee machine and yes of course I will add justeat and uber eats and all these platforms to increase earnings and for advertising too

Comment

Originally posted by Abyss94 View Post

Never worked no. But I've got the plan and I know how things will work in different countries, not in the UK tho
                        Until you have worked in the particular business in the UK, your chances of failing are far greater. You can easily loose your money.

This country is different to others. Trading laws, health and safety rules, employment law taxation all differ and you would be far better being employed in the Juice business for a year before risking your money. It would give you the opportunity to learn what you do not know and to look around at more suitable areas, assess prices and costs before commitment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X