If you do not agree to the terms set out in these policies, please do not continue to use our site.
- Who will hold your information?Your information will be held by Celame (UK) Ltd (“Legalbeagles”, “LB“, “us” or “we“). We are registered in England and Wales under registered number 09220332. Our registered office address is 25 Moorgate, London, England, EC2R 6AY . For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“), the data controller is Celame (UK) Ltd.
2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?2.1 We may receive personal contact details from you, such as name, address, telephone number, email address and other personal information including without limitation your age, date of birth, location, a profile photograph or an avatar when you:2.1.1 register with our site;
2.1.2 join one of our message boards;
2.1.3 submit User Content to our site;
2.1.4 complete any surveys we ask you to complete for research purposes (although you will never be obliged to respond to them);
2.1.5 enter any competitions or participate in any promotions sponsored by us;
2.1.6 respond to our direct marketing activities;
2.1.7 correspond with us by post, email or via the “Contact Us” form on our site; or
2.6.2 to train our staff;
2.6.3 if so requested by order of the Court, regulatory body or law enforcement organisation.2.7 With regard to each of your visits to our site, we may automatically collect the following:2.7.1 technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
2.7.2 information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.2.8 We do not knowingly collect personal information from users of our site who are under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use or register with our site or provide any personal information to our site.
3. USER GUIDANCE3.1 You have the ability to limit which profile information you make public by editing your preferences in the “Settings” section of our site.3.2 Please be aware that, with the exception of PMs, all User Content is publicly available, which means that it is visible to other users of our site. Please do not disclose any personal information in User Content which you do not wish to make public.3.3 Please be aware that although we do our best to ensure that offensive language and content does not appear on our site, we do not routinely moderate User Content and therefore User Content may from time to time include language or content which some people may find offensive. If you wish to report any User Content which is inappropriate or offensive, please refer to our Notice and Take Down Policy.
4. WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
4.1 To administer and maintain our records;4.2 To improve our site to ensure that our service continues to be the most appropriate service for your needs and that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;4.3 To allow you to participate in interactive services on our site, when you choose to do so;4.4 To help us in our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;4.5 To administer and process your registration, if you choose to register with our site;4.6 To verify your identity and to respond to any query that you may raise with us;
4.7 To fulfil any contractual obligations we have with you;
4.8 We reserve the right to send registered users of our site email communications from time to time regarding updates and changes to our services and any technical, administrative and legal notices important to our site which we consider essential. If you do not want us to contact you in this way, please ensure that you untick the “Receive Email from Administrators” box on the registration page on our site. If you have previously opted in to receive emails when registering with our site and you later decide you wish to opt out, please go to “Settings”, “General Settings” and untick the relevant box. Alternatively, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the postal address below and we will make this change for you. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving emails from us, you will also no longer be able to receive emails from other users of our site;
4.9 We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes. However, we may share personal data with third party companies and organisations contracted to us to help supply, maintain or facilitate our site or our services. These third parties may include (without limitation) IT support teams;
4.10 We may use your data to provide you with information about our services, offers and promotions which may be of interest to you. If we do so, we will contact you by email. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please ensure that you untick the relevant box on the registration page on our site. If you have previously opted in to receive marketing emails when registering with our site and you later decide you wish to opt out, please go to “Settings”, “General Settings” and untick the relevant box. Alternatively, email email@example.com or write to us at the postal address below and we will make this change for you;
4.11 We may use your data to contact you for market research purposes;
4.12 We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our website users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
4.13 Your information may be used by us for the purpose of research and statistical analysis and internal customer service monitoring;
4.15 We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
4.16 We may disclose your personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if we reasonably believe that disclosure of your personal data to third parties is necessary in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection;
4.17 We may disclose your personal data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and their advisers. If our business is sold your details will be passed onto the new owners of the business;
4.18 We may employ the services of other parties for dealing with various matters in connection with our site and the services provided on our site. The providers of such services may have access to your personal data;
4.19 The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary, but may be unlimited.
5. Keeping information up to date and SECURE5.1 If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or other contact details, or if you wish to unsubscribe or de-register with us, please update your profile in the “Settings” section of our site or, alternatively, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the postal address below and we will make any changes for you.5.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Where we store your data6.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the data and the harm that might result from a breach of security. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.6.2 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), where it will be stored by us or by one of our suppliers. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure adequate security for your personal data.
8. Your Rights8.1 You may have certain rights under the Data Protection Act in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights include the rights set out below:8.1.1 You are entitled to have access to your personal data. You may request by writing to us (at the address given below), details of your information which we hold and the purposes for which it is held. We will provide this information within 40 days of your request, subject to any routine processing continuing between that time and the time of response. You may be charged a reasonable fee (as permitted by the Act) for this information.8.1.2 You are entitled to request that we stop using information about you for the purpose of direct marketing (i.e. the communication to you (by whatever means) of any advertising or marketing material);8.1.3 You are entitled to require us to ensure that no decision taken by or on behalf of us and which significantly affects you is based solely on the automated processing of your information, for the purpose of evaluating such matters as, for example, your creditworthiness, reliability or conduct; and8.1.4 You are entitled to require a correction of errors in the personal information held about you. If we disagree that information is inaccurate you are entitled to apply to ask the court for an order that such erroneous information be rectified, blocked, destroyed, or erased.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITESOur site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
11. Contact Details