You must book an appointment at a Passport Customer Service Centre if you’re in the UK and need a passport urgently, eg within a month. After the appointment, you can get your passport the same day or within a week.
Choose the service you want to use
You can’t use these services if you’re applying online or for certain types of passport – eg a first adult passport.
The Premium service means you’ll get your passport within 4 hours of your application being accepted. You must go to the Passport Customer Service Centre to collect it.
The Fast Track service means your passport is delivered to your home address within 1 week of your application being accepted.
UK Passports you can get and costs
The cost includes the passport and the fee for the service you choose.
|Passport type||1-day Premium service||1-week Fast Track service|
|Renew a standard adult 32-page passport||£128||£103|
|Renew an adult 48-page passport||£137||£111|
|Change name in a standard adult 32-page passport (with marriage or civil partnership certificate)||£128||£103|
|Change name for an adult 48-page passport (with marriage or civil partnership certificate)||£137||£111|
|Change a standard adult 32-page passport||Not available||£103|
|Change an adult 48-page passport||Not available||£111|
|Replace a lost, stolen or damaged adult passport||Not available||£103|
|First child passport||Not available||£87|
|Renew or change a child passport||Not available||£87|
|Replace a lost, stolen or damaged child passport||Not available||£87|
|Renewal for a British national born on or before 2 September 1929||£55.50||£30.50|
Book an appointment
Call the Passport Adviceline to book an appointment at a Passport Customer Service Centre.
Your appointment may be up to 3 weeks from the day you book it.
Telephone: 0300 222 0000
Textphone: 0300 222 0222
Text Relay: 18001 0300 222 0000
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm
Find out about call charges
You can use the online enquiry form for general advice but it can’t be used to book appointments.Premium 1-day service
- 4pm in London
- 1:30pm in Liverpool
- 1pm in Peterborough
- 12:30pm in Glasgow and Newport
- midday in Belfast and Durham
Fast Track 1-week service
Your passport will be sent to your home within 1 week (not including bank and public holidays).
To get your passport within 1 week, you must supply all your completed forms and supporting documents to Her Majesty’s Passport Office at the agreed appointment.
If you’re replacing a lost or stolen UK passport you may need to attend an interview, and your application may take longer.
You may also need to be in to sign for the delivery of your passport.
Your appointment – UK Passport URGENT
You must bring a completed application form and supporting documents to your appointment. Get a passport application form and guide on how to fill it in from a Post Office.
Your application may be delayed if there are mistakes on your form, or you don’t provide the necessary documents at your appointment.
Another person can go to your appointment and collect your passport if you’re unable to (as long as you’re in the UK at the time). They must bring:
- their own ID, eg passport, driving licence or a utility bill issued within the last 3 months
- a signed and dated letter from you naming the person and giving them permission (if the application is for a child, the person who signed section 9 of the form must sign this permission letter)
They must also take the application receipt if they’re collecting your passport. The cashier issues the receipt when they accept the UK passport application.
Upgrading a standard application
You may be able to upgrade your application to use the Fast Track or Premium service if you’ve already applied to renew your UK passport by post or through the Check and Send service.
Upgrades are usually only available in special circumstances – eg you’ve had to change your travel plans at short notice.
You won’t have to pay a fee to upgrade your application if all of the following apply:
- you need to travel in the next 7 days
- you’ve applied to renew a passport by post or Check and Send
- your correct and completed application has been with Her Majesty’s Passport Office for more than 3 weeks
If you’ve applied for a first adult passport, you’ll only be able to upgrade your application for free if you need to travel for compassionate reasons (eg a sickness or death) uk passport urgent.
You’ll have to attend an interview if you’ve applied for a first adult passport.
Call the UK Passport Adviceline with the barcode number of your application. This was on your application form, or on your receipt if you used Check and Send.
The UK Passport Adviceline will tell you if you can upgrade – the service isn’t always available during Her Majesty’s Passport Office’s busy periods.
You may be able to get a refund for the Premium or Fast Track service fee (but not the standard passport fee) if your application isn’t processed within the specified time.
You can’t claim a refund if the delay is due to:
- a mistake or missing information on your form
- Her Majesty’s Passport Office needing more time to consider a complex application
- circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Her Majesty’s Passport Office
You may also be able to get a refund if:
- you’re travelling abroad for medical treatment
- you have to travel urgently because of the death or serious illness of a family member, friend or business associate
- you’re seriously ill, or you’re a carer for a seriously ill person, and your travel has been arranged by a charity or religious organisation
You must pay the full fee and then claim a refund for the Premium or Fast Track service fee.
- Apply for or renew a British passport if you’re visiting the UK
- Apply for your first adult passport
- Apply for, renew or update a UK passport online
- British passport eligibility
- Cancel a lost or stolen passport
- Collective (group) passports
- Countersigning passport applications and photos
- Find a Passport Customer Service Centre
- Find a passport interview office
- Free passports for British nationals born before 2 September 1929
- Get a passport application form
- Get a passport for your child
- Get a passport urgently
- Get an emergency travel document
- Overseas British passport applications
- Passport Check and Send service
- Passport advice and complaints
- Passport fees
- UK Passport photo requirements
- Passport services for disabled customers
- UK Passports: change your name and personal details
- Renew or replace your adult passport
- Stop someone getting a passport
- Track your passport application status
1. passport fast track
2. british passport application form
3. peterborough passport office
4. passport office
5. passport renewal
You can apply for, renew or update your UK passport and pay for it online. You’ll have to print out a form at the end.
You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll need a debit or credit card to use this service.
It should take 6 weeks to get your first adult UK passport once your form has been received. For all other application types, it should take 3 weeks.
It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
You should use a different service if you need your UK passport urgently.
SOURCE: GOV.UK https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/1/ https://www.gov.uk/find-regional-passport-office