• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mortimer Clarke - letter before court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mortimer Clarke - letter before court claim

failure could see a case go against you!!!

Comment

According to Mort C's letter the court claim was issued 12th December.
      IF that is correct (check the N1 court claim form), your defence needs to be filed 14th Jan latest.
      As [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] says, MC's 'on hold' is bovine excrement.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        IF that is correct (check the N1 court claim form), your defence needs to be filed 14th Jan latest.
        As @nemesis45 says, MC's 'on hold' is bovine excrement.
        Sorry but I am like a fish out of water here. How do I file my defence? I am just confused by it all.

14th jan was the date I had too.

Comment

Originally posted by helpmeplease123 View Post
          Sorry but I am like a fish out of water here. How do I file my defence? I am just confused by it all.

14th jan was the date I had too.
          You can do so via MCOL, or by email to the court, or by land mail (allow time for posting & send SignedFor tracked post).
          You have plenty of time, so have a look at the defence example (top of thread) & feel free to ask if you need assistance with it.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Defence Example

Comment

You can do so via MCOL, or by email to the court, or by land mail (allow time for posting & send SignedFor tracked post).
              You have plenty of time, so have a look at the defence example (top of thread) & feel free to ask if you need assistance with it.
              I just had a look and noticed there was an example. I'll get it drafted up and will send it just before the 14th. Will no doubt be in touch to make sure I've put the right thing. Thank you

Comment

I just had a look and noticed there was an example. I'll get it drafted up and will send it just before the 14th. Will no doubt be in touch to make sure I've put the right thing. Thank you
                Did you SAR Welcome ?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Did you SAR Welcome ?
                  I didn't- I will do that tomorrow and hope I've enough time to get something back.

Comment

http://www.wfs.co.uk/documents/cca-a...ct-sheet-v.1.4

Go for the full monty (£10 fee)
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Will do. Just been reading other threads and they sound a nightmare to deal with

Comment

Me again! Just getting my defence together.

I just lay it out in points like the example but obviously changing the details to my own?

- - - Updated - - -

I just lay it out in points like the example but obviously changing the details to my own?

Comment

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, pretty much.
                          & now would be the time (in the defence) to also mention potential Statute-barred.
                          CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yes, pretty much.
                            & now would be the time (in the defence) to also mention potential Statute-barred.
                            How would you word that?

number 5 says - particulars of claim fail to state when agreement was entered. - my particulars does give an on or around date - shall I remove this one?

Comment

If your Defence deadline is 14th January which is a Saturday then you have until 4 pm on the following working day (Monday) to file your Defence.

It seems you may have sent a s.77-79 CCA Request so what is the status update of that?

I can also see you were advised to send a SAR to Welcome so what was the outcome of that which may be crucial not just for your SB argument but in terms of any DN or NOA served etc?

Can you clarify the precise name of the Claimant on the summons (N1). The Claimant has to prove that they have the legal right to claim th debt.

Di

Comment

I have no update, only the letter I received, which is attached.

I have sent a SAR but no reply yet, I believe they have 40 days?
                                Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X