• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Premier Park.....have I messed up?

Hi,
    further developments even this morning.
    We have received a letter from Premier Park saying they can no longer deal with our case as it is being dealt with by our debt collection agency. They returned our check and enclosed 'copies of schedule 4'.

These appear to be 2 emails, which we have never received, one acknowledging receipt of an online appeal and one from them refusing the appeal. As I said we have never received either of these emails. Indeed, they only recently told us that they had never received an appeal from us.

Im sorry to sound a bit pathetic but I really don't know what to do now.

Comment

Did the emails have your email address correct and did the refusal contain a popla code ?

M1

Comment

Hi,
        yes there is a code. There is no email address, just my wife's name. We have gone through all our email accounts. There is nothing. Would it be worth me offering a without prejudice payment to the debt collectors?

Comment

Doubt it.

I would ask which email address they used though, to see if you can find out the issue or catch a lie.

M1

Comment

If the registered keeper is still getting hassle then write back to them suggesting that they take a good look at paragraph 5 (1) (b)

(1)
            The first condition is that the creditor—
            (a)
            has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but
            b)
            is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver.

They have been given a driver name and address already so don't repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
              If the registered keeper is still getting hassle then write back to them suggesting that they take a good look at paragraph 5 (1) (b)

(1)
              The first condition is that the creditor—
              (a)
              has the right to enforce against the driver of the vehicle the requirement to pay the unpaid parking charges; but
              b)
              is unable to take steps to enforce that requirement against the driver because the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver.

They have been given a driver name and address already so don't repeat it.
              Has the husband been named with a serviceable address ? (i hope not since premier park notices to keeper are non compliant)

If so it will be a good defence in any future court case however i don't see where that is said ?

M1

Comment

The OP said that the driver had been named, in the first post. I had to look 3 times before I saw it again.

Comment

The OP said that the driver had been named, in the first post. I had to look 3 times before I saw it again.
                  Yes but they need to be supplied with "both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver."

They probably were but if you get a letter from Mrs Smith with her address on the top of the letter and all it says is Mr Smith was driving then there is a possibility that this is not enough.

M1

Comment

But it could also be the parking company saying that the name has not been supplied within 28 days, which, of course is incorrect.

Comment

We filled their form in naming me as the driver. So, folks what do I do?
                      Pay?
                      Ignore?
                      Offer the debt collectors a without prejudice payment?

Bit worried now TBH

Comment

So, did you give a name AND an address on those forms? If you have then there is no need to worry. Did you make a copy of those forms before you sent them off?

Even without an address then I think that the same surname but a name of the opposite gender would, to a reasonable person, suggest that this was a relative at the same address.

Send off that letter and ask why they are not accepting the identity of the driver that has been given.

Comment

No, I didn't make a copy but I did supply name and address.........

- - - Updated - - -

So, did you give a name AND an address on those forms? If you have then there is no need to worry. Did you make a copy of those forms before you sent them off?

Even without an address then I think that the same surname but a name of the opposite gender would, to a reasonable person, suggest that this was a relative at the same address.

- - - Updated - - -

Send off that letter and see why they are not accepting the naming of the driver.
                          who should I write too? The debt collectors?

Comment

Write to the parking company.

Comment

Write to the parking company.
                              even though they have said they won't enter into any further communication with me?

Comment

Well the debt collection company cannot do anything about it. They normally do not have the authority to take matters further. If it does go to court then it would help you in that the company are refusing to talk.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X