• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st credit help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st credit help

It wasn't front loaded interest it would be either a deal on a credit card or an overpriced sofa at 10 yrs interest free credit... something like that.

It does show an APR it just happens to be 0%, and the maths add up, in that no interest is being charged...
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      It wasn't front loaded interest it would be either a deal on a credit card or an overpriced sofa at 10 yrs interest free credit... something like that.

It does show an APR it just happens to be 0%, and the maths add up, in that no interest is being charged...
      no she says definitely a loan ... shes never had a credit card ...and its defiantly not sofa(lol) especially at that price....

Comment

Get the Subject Access Request off, that should answer lots of questions.

My point really is the 0% is the APR it is in the agreement and doesn't necessarily make it fraud.

TO be fully enforceable that agreement should come with attached terms and conditions so you could also ask for those to fulfil their obligations under the CCA but I'd keep any fraud allegations to yourself at least until you know.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Get the Subject Access Request off, that should answer lots of questions.

My point really is the 0% is the APR it is in the agreement and doesn't necessarily make it fraud.

TO be fully enforceable that agreement should come with attached terms and conditions so you could also ask for those to fulfil their obligations under the CCA but I'd keep any fraud allegations to yourself at least until you know.
          Ok thanks I need to get it sorted SARS is the way to go....

Comment

Just an update i sent 1st Credit an letter asking about the statement they sent (post 31 this thread) and asked why if they purchased in 2007 would we get a statement for 2010 supposedly to be from HFC?.
            without mentioning it being a fake but strongly wording the letter that something wasn't adding up..
            I also mentioned Ts&Cs were missing from our CCA request.
            The reply letter back from 1st credit... We Would like to help you get debt free quicker we will reduce it by 50% and you pay just £19 a month for 8 years!!! therefore reducing the debt by 50%.. ring our helpful advisors to take up this incredible offer...etc.

Any thoughts anyone?

Comment

lol, good luck to them with that..

''Thanks, I will consider your kind offer once you have provided me with the relevant documents as previously requested on x, x and x, and you have answered fully my questions in my letter dated x.''

Did you send a SAR off ?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

''Thanks, I will consider your kind offer once you have provided me with the relevant documents as previously requested on x, x and x, and you have answered fully my questions in my letter dated x.''

Did you send a SAR off ?
                yes got a letter back from HFC with the cheque returned saying we have to send a certified copy passport/licence from A judge postmaster school teacher etc
                and they must include their contact details for verification.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you send a SAR off ?
                yes got a letter back from HFC with the cheque returned saying we have to send a certified copy passport/licence from A judge postmaster school teacher etc

- - - Updated - - -

Did you send a SAR off ?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you send a SAR off ?
                yes we did but got a letter back asking for a certified signed copy of passport or driving licence signed by... judge postmaster school teacher..etc
                and they returned the £10. not good

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by joedempsey View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

yes we did but got a letter back asking for a certified signed copy of passport or driving licence signed by... judge postmaster school teacher..etc
                and they returned the £10. not good
                dont know what happened there pc had a mad one lol

Comment

Hi all just an update on this one finally received more pages from a SAR request a few weeks ago second lot in the last 12 months ...very interested reading it says on one page account number xxxxxxxxxx which is the one in question it says ...account identified as a renewal double default account previous account no xxxxxxxxxxxx was defaulted on xxxxx2005 subsequent default of this account will be removed at the end of the month.(default flag must remain- do not default?...like she as always stated HFC never gave her a% interest free loan for 10 years....every strange anyone any ideas?
                  )

- - - Updated - - -

Agreement sent by 1st credit is on page #31

Comment

Anyone who could help,with this one...we now think she defaulted on a loan she was only 18 -19 at the time she couldn't afford it they told her to take another loan out to pay the other loan off that's why we think it's 0% for 10 years. [MENTION=45315]Diane[/MENTION]m

Comment

[MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by joedempsey View Post
                        we now think she defaulted on a loan she was only 18 -19 at the time she couldn't afford it they told her to take another loan out to pay the other loan off that's why we think it's 0% for 10 years. @Dianem
                        This thread began two years ago and until this last month there had been no updates.

I've taken a look back and see all sorts of allegations of fraud, fake documents, copied signature, and denial of ever opening the account in the first place (2005?) which was supposed to have been a replacement for a loan (possibly) opened by your wife over 20 years ago which you say didn't happen.

From what I understand (and it's not been easy ) you sent a SAR to HFC two years ago but didn't get a response until a year ago and then got the rest of the paperwork a few weeks ago.

In post # 53 on 18th April 2017 you say "HFC never gave her a % free loan for 10 years".

In the next post today you say "we now think she defaulted on a loan . . . . they told her to take out another loan to pay the other loan off that's why we think it's 0% for 10 years".

So the question which remains is: has the current owner of the debt (1st Credit) complied with your s77-79 CCA Request sent in 2015 (assuming that your wife accepts that this was her loan and I haven't misunderstood your thread posts)? I can see a one page document uploaded around post # 30 but is that all you received?

There's also been talk of the potential for the debt to be SB although that may have referred to the original loan. When did your wife last pay 1st Credit or any DCA acting as their agent (such as Connaught) anything towards this debt?

And what has been the latest action or non action from 1st Credit especially any threat of legal proceedings?

Please feel free to correct anything I may have misunderstood. In my defence the conspiracy theory of fraud may have caused my confusion

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                          This thread began two years ago and until this last month there had been no updates.

I've taken a look back and see all sorts of allegations of fraud, fake documents, copied signature, and denial of ever opening the account in the first place (2005?) which was supposed to have been a replacement for a loan (possibly) opened by your wife over 20 years ago which you say didn't happen.

From what I understand (and it's not been easy ) you sent a SAR to HFC two years ago but didn't get a response until a year ago and then got the rest of the paperwork a few weeks ago.

In post # 53 on 18th April 2017 you say "HFC never gave her a % free loan for 10 years".

In the next post today you say "we now think she defaulted on a loan . . . . they told her to take out another loan to pay the other loan off that's why we think it's 0% for 10 years".

So the question which remains is: has the current owner of the debt (1st Credit) complied with your s77-79 CCA Request sent in 2015 (assuming that your wife accepts that this was her loan and I haven't misunderstood your thread posts)? I can see a one page document uploaded around post # 30 but is that all you received?

There's also been talk of the potential for the debt to be SB although that may have referred to the original loan. When did your wife last pay 1st Credit or any DCA acting as their agent (such as Connaught) anything towards this debt?

And what has been the latest action or non action from 1st Credit especially any threat of legal proceedings?

Please feel free to correct anything I may have misunderstood. In my defence the conspiracy theory of fraud may have caused my confusion

Di
                          Hi Diane thank you for the reply.
                          yes I know it's very confusing to say the least let me answer some of your questions.
                          yes we did send a CCA request around 2015 and yes the one page is all we received and a 1 page statement which didn't make any sense.
                          no prescribed terms and conditions.
                          we originally thought it was over 20 years ago she can't remember
                          but as stated in the SARS request it was another loan they had given her to pay a another defaulted loan back that's why it says on agreement payment of other accounts.
                          she has been paying 1st credit since 2005 £5 a month but every now and then they get a little agitated and ask for more.
                          we don't know when the original defaulted loan was.
                          in our SARS we got 2 agreements back but this one supplied by 1st CRedit we didn't get anything back from HFC On this particular loan.

Comment

Now I'm even more confused

Do you mean you had a SAR response from HFC which didn't include the credit agreement document which was uploaded in post # 30? Although you say you got two credit agreements included in your HFC SAR?

Are you also saying that the credit agreement uploaded in post # 30 was in response to your. CCA Request to 1st Credit and included in your SAR response from 1st Credit?

You need to spell it out a bit more clearly. How about you do a post which lists the facts in chronological order stating who said and sent what to whom and when.

Di

Comment

Thanks again Diane your quite correct it is a little muddled.

she was paying first credit for years before I met her.
                              i Sent a CCA request to 1 st credit the reply back was the statement on #29
                              and the agreement on #30
                              Nothing else from 1st Credit.
                              please note the statement says from 2005-2010 but 1st credit say they purchased in 2005.
                              I sent SAR to HFC which was the hardest thing I have ever done it took nearly 12 months around 7 knock backS and intervention from FOS.

Finally after several attempts we received the SARS...in the past she had several loans with HFC which she received in the SAR pack the agreements.which relateted to those accounts.

The agreement received from 1st credit which had the agreement account number written in pen was not included in th SARS from HFC.

only mention of the loan chased by 1 st credit in the SAR s pack is the mention #53
                              what say this was a loan to pay a defaulted loan back word for word from the SAR is on #53.
                              sorry hope this makes more sense but it's quite hard when your only using a mobile.
                              so I am quessing this was a loan given to her to pay back one which had defaulted which at the time being young she could not afford it.
                              i was wondering if anyone could translate what the SAR meant on #53 about this loan why it was apparently interest free for 10 years...this is the part which doesn't sound right.
                              is it Illegal to tell her to take a loan to pay back the defaulted loan I don't know ?
                              why did HFC not send an agreement for this account but 1st Credit could?

hope this makes more sense thanks again for your great support on this site

Comment

And sorry to miss it out she is still paying 1st credit £5 a month it was Connaught...years ago no woman its 1sr credit but same company really.
                                so it s definitely not statue barred

- - - Updated - - -

Bloody auto correct on phone...meant to say 1st credit

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X