• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell V MarcToystory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowell V MarcToystory

Originally posted by marctoystory View Post
    Morning. I have now uploaded everything they have sent me. What's my next steps. Please can you help out on the 02 payment that went out and is not showing as coming back in as this impacts the amount owed massively
    The fact of the matter seems to be total mismanagement of the account allowing DD request then reversing them creating an account that become wholly based on charges.
    It's difficult to see why the last O2 payment went through another banking " mistake"?

I'll take a look through every thing a later and try to put all the points into one post.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      The fact of the matter seems to be total mismanagement of the account allowing DD request then reversing them creating an account that become wholly based on charges.
      It's difficult to see why the last O2 payment went through another banking " mistake"?

I'll take a look through every thing a later and try to put all the points into one post.

nem
      Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It was a terrible time. I'd lost my marriage my home and my job and it's so much in bank charges for something I never even used

Comment

Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. It was a terrible time. I'd lost my marriage my home and my job and it's so much in bank charges for something I never even used
        No problem Marc you'll get help and support here when ever you need it!!

nem

Comment

Morning all. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Comment

Morning all. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
            I've made some notes as promised and will collate and post asap.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
              I've made some notes as promised and will collate and post asap.

nem
              Bless you thank you for your time

Comment

Morning all.
                Hope you are all well.

Just a quick little bump on this post.
                Is there anything I should be doing now?
                I have these statements the value is entirely bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft.
                What's the time frame usually for hearing back from the courts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know nem you are looking at this for me and I am very grateful just wondering if I need to be doing anything.

Thanks all

Comment

Morning all.
                  Hope you are all well.

Just a quick little bump on this post.
                  Is there anything I should be doing now?
                  I have these statements the value is entirely bank charges on an unauthorised overdraft.
                  What's the time frame usually for hearing back from the courts?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I know nem you are looking at this for me and I am very grateful just wondering if I need to be doing anything.

Thanks all
                  Hello Marc,

Sorry for the delay in replying it's been hectic at home.

As mentioned before the Information Commissioners Office Technical Guidance on Defaults, says that "If a default sum is made up entirely of Charges without which (charges) the account would not have defaulted No Default Should Be Placed.

I would be inclined to point this out to Lowell in writing to Andrew Bartle Chief Operating Officer of the Lowell Group and a director of Lowell Solicitors Ltd.

You have the statements to prove the above send copies with a letter.

nem

Comment

Thanks nem. Hope all is well.

How would I draft this? Would I mention the questionable 02 payment too..

Your help and time is very much appreciated

Comment

Thanks nem. Hope all is well.

How would I draft this? Would I mention the questionable 02 payment too..

Your help and time is very much appreciated
                      Yes Marc anything that supports your stance should be included.

I have to be out for a few hours but if you make a draft letter I will go through it with you later.

nem

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

Hi,

here goes

I am writing in reference to REF Number xxxx
                          Balance XXX
                          This claim is currently being defended as stated in my previous letters

The POC's state

1 The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with Lloyds under a/c ref xxxx (the agreement) - I have requested this agreement as stated and as yet i have not received.
                          2 The defendant failed to maintain the required the payments and a default notice was served - I have also requested the default notice and not received
                          3 The agreement was assigned to the claimant on 24/06/2013 and notice was given. - Again requested and not received

What i have received (enclosed) is statements from a Lloyds dating back to 2010 which is made up solely of charges. There is no spends on this statement, I would like to point you to the information commissioners office technical guidance on defaults where it states a default should not be filed if the amount outstanding is made up solely of fees or charges. You can quite clearly see that the balance on this statement is in its entirety charges.
                          Upon inspection of these documents i would like to point you to the payment that left the account on 17/01/2011 and has not been credited back to the account. This Direct Debit would not have been paid and that is very clear however the fact that the credit is not recorded on the statement significantly increases the balance.

Within the documents received 20/08/2016 it states that a default notice is included in the pack. I do not have this all that is in there is a screen shot of your internal system where the balance says 0.00

This is what i have so far.

hoe does it sound ? do i need to add anything ?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

here goes

I am writing in reference to REF Number xxxx
                            Balance XXX
                            This claim is currently being defended as stated in my previous letters

The POC's state

1 The defendant entered into a consumer credit act 1974 regulated agreement with Lloyds under a/c ref xxxx (the agreement) - I have requested this agreement as stated and as yet i have not received.

2 The defendant failed to maintain the required the payments and a default notice was served - I have also requested the default notice and not received any reply.

3 The agreement was assigned to the claimant on 24/06/2013 and notice was given. - Again requested and not received

What i have received (enclosed) is statements from a Lloyds dating back to 2010 which is made up solely of charges. There is no spends on this statement, I would like to point you to the information commissioners office technical guidance on defaults where it states a default should not be filed if the amount outstanding is made up solely of fees or charges. You can quite clearly see that the balance on this statement is in its entirety charges.

Upon inspection of these documents i would like to point you to the payment that left the account on 17/01/2011 and has not been credited back to the account. This Direct Debit would not have been paid and that is very clear however the fact that the credit is not recorded on the statement significantly increases the balance.

Within the documents received 20/08/2016 it states that a default notice is included in the pack. I do not have this all that is in there is a screen shot of your internal system where the balance says 0.00

I suggest that Lowell now withdraws the claim in the interest of saving costs and court time as Lowell has not purchased a debt only unpaid unfairly levied charges.

If Lowell wishes to continue with this claim it will be robustly defended upon the facts listed above.
                            This letter is not an admission of any liability to Lowell.

This is what i have so far.

hoe does it sound ? do i need to add anything ?

thanks
                            See amendments above,

Have a look at the ICO document it's available online.

nem

Comment

Thanks Nem.

i have had a look at the document and i can the line that references the above

i will get this in the post tomorrow to both Lowells and the Solicitors

Thank you

Comment

Thanks Nem.

i have had a look at the document and i can the line that references the above

i will get this in the post tomorrow to both Lowells and the Solicitors

Thank you
                                Well done Marc, good luck!!

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X