• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA court claim for old MBNA debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRA court claim for old MBNA debt

Originally posted by MELSON View Post
    Yes. MBNA sold it to Experto Credite who in turn sold it to Aktiv Kapital who in their letter to me requested Experto to continue managing the account. Have never heard of Varde
    That all makes sense.

I can see the POC don't mention Varde which may turn out to be significant in your Defence but I'm not in a position to say why at the moment, at least not publically.

You have 33 days from the claim issue date to file your Defence. This shouldn't be done too early in case there are new developments in the meantime.

I can't see what you've already done since the claim arrived posted anywhere on your thread.

Have you filed your Acknowledgement of Service online? If not you must do that asap (if it let's you) because you have 19 days to do that from the claim Issue Date which was 1st March.

Then you need to send a s. 77-79 CCA Request to PRA (in-house legals) at the address on the claim form. This forum has a template letter for that http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...=7670#post7670

You then need to send a CPR 31.14 Request to PRA asking for certain documents.

If you have any problems doing any of this feel free to ask questions.

Di

Comment

I sent PRA a letter requesting copy of original credit agreement on the 14th. They have acknowledged receipt and returned the £1 postal order "as a gesture of goodwill". They also included an info sheet which says "if you still owe us money and you don't get what you are entiled to after 12 working days then your debt is classified as "unenforceable".

Is it 12 days or 12 working days? 12 days expire tomorrow (Sat) 12 working days expires next Thursday (30th) which doesn't leave me much time.

What's CPR 31.14 and what other docs should I be asking for?
      @Di are you able to PM me re Verde?

Thanks

Comment

@Di are you able to PM me re Verde?
        Yes I can unless you can't PM me (my Inbox is often full) in which case drop me an email to di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di

Comment

MBNA sold it to Experto Credite who in turn sold it to Aktiv Kapital who in their letter to me requested Experto to continue managing the account. Have never heard of Varde
          ^^^^ this may be key to your Defence.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
            Yes I can unless you can't PM me (my Inbox is often full) in which case drop me an email to di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di
            I've just replied to your PM tonight.

Alas your email didn't reach me so please re-send.

(I've also given you my direct line phone number)

Di

Comment

I've read back through your thread and can see that your Defence deadline is 4pm on Monday.

Di

Comment

I've read back through your thread and can see that your Defence deadline is 4pm on Monday.
                I've replied to your email and note you have filed a Defence.

Please reply to my email.

Di

Comment

I have replied to your email. the claim was issued 1st March so 33 days have since passed and that's why I filed my defence before time lapsed
                  I've replied to your email and note you have filed a Defence.

Please reply to my email.

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X