• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

It certainly appears that way 😊

Comment

• Re: *DISCONTINUED* !!! Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd v Jojo13

Congrats. Thread title updated.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I couldn't have done it without [MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] or [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] helping advise me, you are both wonderful!!

I'm sure I've seen this asked before and the answer is to sign up VIP but can I donate to the site for others like me to be helped in the future x

Comment

Originally posted by Jojo13 View Post
          Thanks everyone, I couldn't have done it without @nemesis45 or @Amethyst helping advise me, you are both wonderful!!

I'm sure I've seen this asked before and the answer is to sign up VIP but can I donate to the site for others like me to be helped in the future x
          Hello Jojo

Yes that would be much appreciated I'm sure.

nem

Comment

:thumb: great result

Comment

Thanks Stu 😀

Comment

Brilliant news JoJo xxxx WELL DONE !!! You worked hard on this - it really is a pain how they always seem to wait until you've put in your witness statement before discontinuing, but I guess once they get the WS they know they do have a fight on their hands and it just isn't cost effective fighting, they much prefer a nice easy default judgment - so good on you for standing up for yourself and making their life slightly more difficult ! xxxx
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] I really couldn't have done it without the help from people on the post, you and Nem for the sound advice and Kati for uploading my documents. I've tried upgrading to VIP but it says there is no subscription available? I would love to be able to give a donation to support the site if anyone can advise me on that.

An early Happy Christmas to all you fabulous people, my Christmas is looking better already and my heads now ready to focus on dealing with some other family issues that have been going on. The support from you has been invaluable xx

Comment

I hope you have a lovely Christmas too. I know how stressful having these claims hanging over you in the background can have a huge affect on you. Not sure what's up with the VIP upgrade system - should be this link - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/payments.php . You support is very much appreciated xxxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], I got the same 'no subscriptions available' message but will keep trying. I'll try at work in PC as on mobile X

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION], I got the same 'no subscriptions available' message but will keep trying. I'll try at work in PC as on mobile X

Comment

Ahhhh I tried it and got the same on my mobile too.... I think it is a backend glitch, so thank you for drawing my attention to it - I will try and work out how to fix it ! Desktop site works fine though - and great to see you managed it - thank you for persevering - all support really helps keep the forum running xxxxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Success! Think it just didn't like me being on a mobile!

Comment

Hi, I'm after some further advice on this please.
                            After receiving the Notice of Discontinuece from BW Legal, I rang the court and they confirmed I didn't have to go.
                            On 1st December I have received an email from Lowell offering me a 50% discount and instalment offer on the debt! What should I do? I haven't received any other email from them before this other than one on 28th November informing me of their new website details which I just assumed meant I was now on some mailing list. Do I contact them and if so what do I say?
                            thanks

Comment

Discontinued - that is it, left hand not knowing what the right hand has done comes to mind. = ignore unless you get further missives, they are a bunch of idiots it seems. do not respond

Comment

I agree with @MIKE770.
                                Ignore unless you feel you are being harassed.
                                Part of your defence was the fact that this is statute-barred.
                                They discontinued the claim.
                                Although technically, in England/Wales, this does not extinguish a debt (unlike Scotland, where the debt ceases to exist after 5 years if not acknowleged) it cannot be enforced.
                                Further to that, once it has been brought to their attention that it is SB, the onus is on them to prove it is not so.
                                See 7.15.8
                                https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/hand...ate=2015-10-26

Why give them 50% of £700 when you can give them 100% of nothing, lol!
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                                Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                                gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                                The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X