• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Appeal unenforceable debt ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeal unenforceable debt ccj

I got a surprising CCJ judgment on 2nd March (awaiting paperwork in post). I was shocked at the outcome as I believe I did all the right things. I made a case that the debt bought by lowell portfolio 1 ltd from capital one is unenforceable as the claimant's could not produce a copy of the original agreement or the assignment. Lowell produced a copy of the original application but no legal assignment. Cut story short, they got the judgment in their favour. I presented what I have and thought as the agreement but was told it is a letter. I guess I was overwhelmed by the judges handling of the case as he interjected my presentation a lot as not relevant and I should get what he is thinking. When the case finished and came out of the chamber, I realised that I only gave the letter to which the card was attached and not the copy of the original agreement that was also enclosed with the card. This was clearly the copy of the agreement unsigned and undated and I was advised to keep it in a safe place. The application is dated 2001 and together with costs, interests and fees the debt awarded stands at @£7000. I cannot afford to pay this and can't sleep.
    DO I HAVE ANY ROOM TO GET THE COURT TO REVIEW THE CASE IN VIEW OF MY NEWLY FOUND COPY OF ORIGINAL AGREEMENT. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME AS I AM DROWNING. LIFE'S DIFFICULT AT THE MOMENT.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X