• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR and OC requesting signature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR and OC requesting signature

SAR sent to O.C and have received a reply stating they are unable to deal with my request as my signature ( I used capital letters) did not match their records. They want me to provide a opy of my passport or driving licence. They also state that the 40day time limit to provide the SAR does not start until correct documentation is received by them. Is this correct please?
    I do not want to use my signature incase it is 'lifted'.
    Many Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: SAR and OC requesting signature

pretty sure i have sent a few SARs off and didnt sign them at all? just had my name printed

sounds like a time wasting exercise from the OC, but, requirements may have changed? doubt it though

Comment

It's not unusual for companies to ask for a signature when requesting a SAR: RBS/Mint/NatPest always do and so did Opus.

You could try using the anti tamper signature strip -> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...313#post138313

Comment

Can be copied and pasted from here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=anti+tamper+signature&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isc h&source=univ&sa=X&ei=ucH5UOikB8Ss0QXTnYCoDw&ved=0 CEUQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=576

Comment

Many thanks. O.C has stated that the 40day time limit to provide the SAR does not start until they receive the correct documentation. I thought it was when they acknowledged receivership of the request. Is this correct?
          Thanks again.

Comment

i'll give this a little bump for you

Comment

There is no legal obligation for you to send your licence or passport to them. If they are happy enough to send you their demands for money then they have established your identity

Comment

Thank you- but does the SAR 40day request START from when they acknowledged receivership of my correspondence and can I reply to O.C stating that there is no legal obligation for my signature. Is there a template/legal quote that I can use in my correspondence to them .
                Thanking you

Comment

Originally posted by cassiestar View Post
                  Thank you- but does the SAR 40day request START from when they acknowledged receivership of my correspondence and can I reply to O.C stating that there is no legal obligation for my signature. Is there a template/legal quote that I can use in my correspondence to them .
                  Thanking you
                  40 days starts from day they received it. Little point in holding them exactly to it TBH, an extra few days makes little difference. Why not download the link above for the signature rather than be pedantic? It makes your and their life easier.

Comment

Thank you. I have sent letter stating that that the 40 days start from when they received the request, along with anti tamper strip. OC stated that until they receive signature THEN the 40day begins.

Comment

They're wrong, but if you don't need it urgently, it's not worth making a point over IMO.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X