• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to Children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Access to Children

Whilst it's on my mind as well, let's just say I had my son for the day, am I 'legally' bound to tell his mother exactly where I am or not, providing he is back with her at an agreed time? Any info of note on this would be beneficial too, as I'm sure that this will be something that she moans about

Comment

Re: Access to Children`

Originally posted by RJH View Post
      I am now seeing my daughter again which is great
      I'm pleased to see progress has been made between you, your daughter and her mother.

DI

Comment

Re: Access to Children`

Originally posted by FionaC View Post
        Dear RJH,

I expect you have now sent the letters you have attached. I have read them both and think they are clear and to the point and fine to have sent.

If the letter regarding contact with your son hasn't gone and you can be flexible in the contact arrangements you might want to consider offering an alternative contact pattern as well of several times a week for a couple of hours. This isn't of course possible for many people but is often the ideal for a very tiny child who will need frequent and consistent contact.

I hope the letters get the response you desire.

kind regards,

Fiona C
        Hi FionaC,

Just an update to see what your thoughts are.

I maybe could have been a little more flexible, however, the things I have asked for in that letter are pretty much the same things she has in place with her ex-partner about their daughter. In court would this make a difference as she has already been dragged through it once by him and had to agree with pretty much what I've asked for straight up?

Comment

Dear RJH,

If you have to go to court the Judge is only going to be concerned with the welfare of the child who is the subject of the proceedings and what is best for them. It might help however if it fits in with the mum and will therefore allow her to agree to something she is familiar with and has already established a pattern of in the family.

best wishes,

Fiona C
          I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by FionaC View Post
            Dear RJH,

If you have to go to court the Judge is only going to be concerned with the welfare of the child who is the subject of the proceedings and what is best for them. It might help however if it fits in with the mum and will therefore allow her to agree to something she is familiar with and has already established a pattern of in the family.

best wishes,

Fiona C
            Hi [MENTION=85489]FionaC[/MENTION]

Just a quick update, I'm still in contact with my daughter and see her regularly.

On the other hand, I still have had no contact with my son, and won't be in a positon to pay for the court fee until Jan 31st, at which point the papers will be going in. I have missed his 1st birthday through this, and Christmas too, and I sent cards for both occasions with no response. Interesting still that my parents sent presents via the post, to which no thanks or message has been received back.

Hope you're well and had a good Christmas, and I appreciate everyone's advice so far.

R

Comment

You are very welcome RJH.

I hope everything is resolved speedily for you and that 2017 is then a great year!

kind regards
              I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

I can see a post you've made on someone else's thread so I've copied it here where you may get the help you need more easily

Originally posted by RJH View Post
                So, tomorrow is the day I can finally lodge the papers with the court. Just so I know I've got the right forms, can someone please clarify or put a link to the forms I need?
                Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X