• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

please somebody help me ref shoosmiths / arrow chasing debt after CCJ March 2012

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please somebody help me ref shoosmiths / arrow chasing debt after CCJ March 2012

hi all can somebody please help me because I am worried out of my mind and now enduring sleepless nights because of it. the facts of the case are this. in March 2012 I was issued with a CCJ from Northampton court in relation to a debt of £4400 that was initially owed to RBS but was chased by Arrow Global Guernsey. I have heard very little from arrow and any mail that did arrive was swiftly torn up by my other half and thrown in the bin. last week I received a text message from Shoosmiths asking me to respond quoting a reference number (which I didn't) I have now received a letter with an attachment of earnings which they want me to fill in. They state in their letter (Shoosmiths) that their client (Arrow Global) wants to agree an affordable repayment plan and has the option to pursue enforcement action which may include: Application for an attachment of earnings or Application for a warrant of control or Application for a charge on my property. I cannot afford any repayments and I am worried bailiffs will turn up at my door and start taking my things away. can anybody please help me out with any advice as I am at my wits end worrying that I will never be rid of these blood sucking leeches. Can anybody tell me my best next course of action please.
    Sincerely
    Tags: None

Re: please somebody help me ref shoosmiths / arrow chasing debt after CCJ March 2012

i dont think this is in the right place can somebody move it to where it may get a reply please

Comment

Re: please somebody help me ref shoosmiths / arrow chasing debt after CCJ March 2012

Hi Dave
      There is a saying you can't get blood out of a stone

So the CCJ was in 2012. it looks like they are trying to get things moving before the 6 years are up

Do you own your own home and if so is it in your name only?

I think it unlikely they would instruct bailiffs on such a debt but I am no expert
      [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

@ kati could you move this somewhere appropriate and maybe tag anyone else who is knowledgeable on CCJs

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
        Hi Dave
        There is a saying you can't get blood out of a stone

So the CCJ was in 2012. it looks like they are trying to get things moving before the 6 years are up

Do you own your own home and if so is it in your name only?

I think it unlikely they would instruct bailiffs on such a debt but I am no expert
        @Amethyst @Diana M

@ kati could you move this somewhere appropriate and maybe tag anyone else who is knowledgeable on CCJs
        thanks for the reply Warwick its just that I watch them bailiff programs and fear it will happen to me

Comment

Can you give some more information about your circumstances?

Are you working? Are you renting or buying? Do you have other debts that you are repaying? Other debts that you are hoping will go away?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
            Can you give some more information about your circumstances?

Are you working? Are you renting or buying? Do you have other debts that you are repaying? Other debts that you are hoping will go away?
            I am working I live with my wife we are renting there are no other debts beside usual living expenses etc

Comment

OK so you just have this debt to deal with and a charging order isn't going to be a problem.

I have no idea why [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] thinks bailiffs wouldn't be instructed - what do you think they are going to do, just forget about this debt?

Either bailiffs or an attanchment of earnings is possible. Bailiffs is more of a problem if you own a car?

Comment

what is a charging order sorry I do not understand all the legal jargon bailiffs cannot take car it is financed in my brothers name and most large electrical goods in house are in wifes name yes have the paperwork to prove it. so i can expect a knock at the door from @cant pay we will take it away' tv stars?

Comment

Originally posted by Debt Camel View Post
                  OK so you just have this debt to deal with and a charging order isn't going to be a problem.

I have no idea why @warwick65 thinks bailiffs wouldn't be instructed - what do you think they are going to do, just forget about this debt?

Either bailiffs or an attanchment of earnings is possible. Bailiffs is more of a problem if you own a car?
                  My rational behind thinking bailiffs were unlikely was that it appeared the OP had little in the way of assets and the debt was relatively large, if it had been a smaller debt I would have thought bailiffs more likely.

I hesitate to suggest it but if the OP is on a low income they may want to make a notional offer that is affordable. If this is the path that is followed the I&E needs completing very carefully so that all expenses are justified and reasonable and every allowable expense is used however that needs very careful consideration.

What i think needs to be avoided is for the creditor to go back to court to get enforcement powers

Dave, a charging order is when you own your own house, the creditor gets an order on your property so that when it is sold they collect their money ( assuming there is enough left after paying first charges such as mortgages)

Comment

A charging order, in English law, is an order obtained from a court or judge by a judgment creditor, by which the property of the judgment debtor in any stocks or funds or land stands charged with the payment of the amount for which judgment shall have been recovered, with interest and costs.

Comment

but i dont have any property and will the CCJ still be removed after the 6 years or will it stay in my credit file? what can I expect to come through the letterbox next as I am due to go in hospital soon and all this stress is adding to the worry

Comment

CCJ falls off after the six years

Comment

Originally posted by dave798 View Post
                          but i dont have any property and will the CCJ still be removed after the 6 years or will it stay in my credit file? what can I expect to come through the letterbox next as I am due to go in hospital soon and all this stress is adding to the worry
                          The CCJ will come off credit file 6 years after the date of judgment after 6 years the claimant might have problems enforcing the debt.
                          The high value of the debt may lead the claimant pursuing more robustly.

Comment

but this is my argument I have no disposable income and have no means to repay the debt

Comment

no property = no charging order

Income from working could after assessment lead to attachment of earnings etc only after/if any surplus they find to needs.?? has been known if I remember correct that £1.00 a week/month has been done as per court order?

seems to me they are pushing due to the amount involved, sick Debt collection system in this country, they pay next to nothing for an alledged debt and want to make 1,000ssssssssss out of it. Proves Lame government we have and all they are interested in is money.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X