• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bank-smart lose in court over t&c's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bank-smart lose in court over t&c's

please can any one explain the meaning of 99 (EX VAT) because the way i see it, it means 99 excluding VAT but aparently it can be written as 99 including VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by Milliman View Post
      please can any one explain the meaning of 99 (EX VAT) because the way i see it, it means 99 excluding VAT but aparently it can be written as 99 including VAT?
      Is the company based in Ireland?

Comment

ex VAT normally means excluding VAT.

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          ex VAT normally means excluding VAT.
          Or "exclusive of VAT".

The only time when it might mean otherwise is if a shonky tradesman asks for cash rather than a cheque.

Comment

You are smart CC:tinysmile_aha_t:

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Or "exclusive of VAT".

The only time when it might mean otherwise is if a shonky tradesman asks for cash rather than a cheque.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
              Is the company based in Ireland?
              No they are based in London England

Comment

Hi
                Still do not know what to do did not pay them any money yet , I fear give them my account details ! they send to me reminder letters and wrote that - This is to notify you that to date we have not received payment for your outstanding invoice amount of £88 in respect of cost (NC) despite previous reminders .Payment must be received no later than 23/11/11 to avoid further action being taken . An independent debt collection agency may be instructed to formally pursue the debt from you at an initial further cost to you of between £10 and £75 depending on the amount of the debt and cost involved in referral to the third party unless the amount of £88 is paid by 23/11/11
                Where the total amount o your debt to us including previously unpaid invoices is over £100 failure to pay the invoice by this date may result in court action being taken against you incurring a further administration fee for legal preparation of up to £150 plus statutory interest on the full outstanding amount of your total debt with us at the rate of 8% as per our terms and conditions. We may also seek to recover all reasonable costs and fees including the court fee. if we do not receive payment of this amount within 7 days from the date of this notice we will take steps to recover the amount from you without further notifications.We will immediately proceed with passing your details onto our debt collection company for the said amount plus an initial collection fee of £50 to cover the cost of preparing your debt for referral. In event of court action being required - you will incur court costs, further charges as per our t/c,your details may be passed to major credit ref. agencies.They may make adjustments to your credit rating,which will affect your ability to raise credit in future.
                I have a question what will be better to do, pay them or wait for trial in court and try to explain in some way ? if I pay for my claims (bs will be have my account details ) and then can charge me for another future fee when they want without my permission ?
                I wanted to Mark my English is not the best and did not understand most of t/c before I signing a contract with them .bs lied me at the beginning saying it's no win no fee and this is easy and quick to do but unfortunately it is different ,

Język oryginału: angielski

Wpisz tekst lub adres witryny albo przetłumacz dokument.
                Anuluj

Tłumaczenie (polski > angielski)

sorry for the spelling but I use the translator online . Thanks for any help

Comment

Hi,

Can someone help me please, Ia m having the most terrible issues iwth Bank Smart, they keep sending me invoices for claims that I told them not to proceed with. In fact they are sending me invocies for loan account claims that I have never even had!!!! I kee getting invoices with charges, demands for payments, They have referred my accoutns to MIL, who have now been fully paid off as they plundered my bank card account just before Christmas without any quthority from me. I have had nothing in writing from MIL to say that I have paid them over 178pounds they are bullying, rude and threatenng. Do they have the right to take money from my account. I am frightened that BS are going ot keep adding charges and I will get into debt , when I was never in this position before. I am sared and depressed and cant concentrate ar work. Tehy want over 485 pounds but I have already paid over 254 pounds to them no receipt no mails, just demands. To me it is like going to the supermarket paying at the check-out bu walking out with no goods"!!!! Are they really a true company, are they Crooks,. are MIL a part of their group. They are nameles, faceless, rude , Dickensiam This has been a nightmare. When I started with them the website said NO wIn no fee that is why I joined up, why would have signed for soemthing that was going to cost 99 pounds plus vat less commision whne any claim was going to be at least less thatn 50pounds. How do we get out of this???? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME SO THAT I CAN GET ON WITH MY LIFE!!!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN THROUGH THIS - HOW DOE WE FIGHT IT WHEN YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO ANYONE AT THE COMPANY OR HAVE EVIDENCE OF THE WORK THEY ACTUALLY CARRRIED OUT I SEE NOTHING IN WRITING THAT THEY HAVE TRULY FOLLOWED UP THE CASES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THEY ACTUALLY CONTACTED AND OF THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND IN DEED IN SOME CASES I DIDNT 1 - GIVE THEM THE GO-AHEAD OR PROVIDE ANY DETAILS OF ACCOUNTS JUST NAMES OF THE ORGANISATIONS PLEASE HELP THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2010 WHEN I SAID I WANTED TO CANCEL BEFORE THE INVESTIGATIONS THEY SADI THEY WOULD CHARGE ME OVER 400 POUNDS I DONT GET THIS

Comment

:tinysmile_hmm_t2: Hi how did you get on with this case , I am getting the same problems with Bank-Smart, they only seem to take action when you mail them. I am getting demand afte demand, legal action threats. I dont' know what I am paying for they passed my case to MIL, who plundered my Bank Card without authority, bullied me, threatened me I don't know what to do about them Do you know if they have been approached by any of the consumer watchdogs on TV? There seems to have been thousands of people affected by this PLEASE ANY ADVICE Gratefull accepted I am so depressed about this and feel I should just pay , to get them off my back, but why should I they must be laughing all the way to the bank literally taking peoples money !!!!! i have spoken to other institiutions who told me that there fees seemed ridculous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by calvink2 View Post
                      Hi,

Can someone help me please, Ia m having the most terrible issues iwth Bank Smart, they keep sending me invoices for claims that I told them not to proceed with. In fact they are sending me invocies for loan account claims that I have never even had!!!! I kee getting invoices with charges, demands for payments, They have referred my accoutns to MIL, who have now been fully paid off as they plundered my bank card account just before Christmas without any quthority from me. I have had nothing in writing from MIL to say that I have paid them over 178pounds they are bullying, rude and threatenng. Do they have the right to take money from my account. I am frightened that BS are going ot keep adding charges and I will get into debt , when I was never in this position before. I am sared and depressed and cant concentrate ar work. Tehy want over 485 pounds but I have already paid over 254 pounds to them no receipt no mails, just demands. To me it is like going to the supermarket paying at the check-out bu walking out with no goods"!!!! Are they really a true company, are they Crooks,. are MIL a part of their group. They are nameles, faceless, rude , Dickensiam This has been a nightmare. When I started with them the website said NO wIn no fee that is why I joined up, why would have signed for soemthing that was going to cost 99 pounds plus vat less commision whne any claim was going to be at least less thatn 50pounds. How do we get out of this???? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME SO THAT I CAN GET ON WITH MY LIFE!!!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN THROUGH THIS - HOW DOE WE FIGHT IT WHEN YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO ANYONE AT THE COMPANY OR HAVE EVIDENCE OF THE WORK THEY ACTUALLY CARRRIED OUT I SEE NOTHING IN WRITING THAT THEY HAVE TRULY FOLLOWED UP THE CASES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THEY ACTUALLY CONTACTED AND OF THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND IN DEED IN SOME CASES I DIDNT 1 - GIVE THEM THE GO-AHEAD OR PROVIDE ANY DETAILS OF ACCOUNTS JUST NAMES OF THE ORGANISATIONS PLEASE HELP THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE 2010 WHEN I SAID I WANTED TO CANCEL BEFORE THE INVESTIGATIONS THEY SADI THEY WOULD CHARGE ME OVER 400 POUNDS I DONT GET THIS
                      Inform your bank that you did not authurise the transaction and you expect the money to be back in your account before the close of today.

Make a formal complaint to BS detailing their offer was on a no win no fee basis and you had cancelled the agreement for them to represent you, and that some of the accounts they are charging you for were not even part of said agreement not actually your debts in the first place. Also inform them that you will report them to the OFT, trading standards, and to the police for breach of the protection fron harassment as a result of the continued speculative invoicing, for which they have not legal basis to invoice to you. Not only that you will report their representatives MIL for theft as a result of them taking money from your bank account without your authurisation for them to do so.

P.s. Also please try to use paragrapths in your posts more, as it was difficult to read your post.

Also send an email to Mr A Davis - aland@milcollections.co.uk demanding they reimburse the money they took from your bank account that is not legally owed to Bank Smart due to the contract being a no win no fee agreement, were you bank smart had failed to win any case you had instructed them to act on your behalf. And not only that you did not give MIL authurisation to debit money from your bank account, as such their taking money from your account is theft, which is a criminal offense and will be reported to the police if the money is not fully refunded to your account within the next 48 hrs.
                      Last edited by teaboy2; 11th January 2012, 12:31:PM.
                      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Im having terrible problems with this company as well - I dont know what way to turn - they have done absolutely nothing for me so far - I joined them because they said they could go back up to 25 years if necessary with PPI cliams on loans and mortgages which I knew for a fact I had on a loan and mortgage - so far nothing - they had also advised me that I could claim charges back on credit cards and I had loads which I entrusted this to them - nothing on that - sent me a letter saying that because they had not received some authorisation they sent me (which I sent back to them in one of their prepaid envelopes) but obviously went astray - they have now invoiced me for costs of £558 for admin down to cancellation - the letter arrived the day before the cut off date for me to have responded - which obviously made it impossible for me to respond to in time. I emailed them due to their no phone which I find irritating and dodgy. No response - I have a lot of emails to them complaining about their attitude and evasiveness - now down to my initial naievety when they cold called me to start with about a loan I had had in the past with Alliance and Leicester (which turned out to be non-existent)and my stupidity for not searching them to start with I seem to be lumbered with a scamming company who will probably try to bleed me dry . I have scanned forums and sent mail today to Ministry of Justice asking for help. Im so so worried - Im pretty useless at processing things like this by myself thats why I went with them as their portfolio seemed quite impressive when I received it - how wrong could I have been - I have been crying most of the day - I cannot believe I have been so stupid to have been sucked in by these vultures. I have to this date received no money or any acknowledgement of their success with anything only their failures and constant admin fees appearing at £60 + VAT - please help me I feel like topping myself.

Comment

Hi Bernie Bear

I would suggest you follow the same advice i gave in my last post here, and email a complaint to Mr A Davis as hes one of the directors of the company.

Plus I believe administration fees are exempt from VAT, so they shouldn't be charging you VAT on admin fees. In fact according to their terms and conditions they shouldn't be charging you anything since they have not won any of the claims they were working on behalf for.
                          Last edited by teaboy2; 15th January 2012, 00:16:AM.
                          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

Originally posted by berniebear View Post
                            I feel like topping myself.
                            Dream topping?

Cream is much nicer!

Comment

This is Bank Smarts CCA license that has not been granted yet.......its pending and has been since 2010 furthermore they do not hold the Category F that allows them to collect debts,.........which is what they are really doing when they try to reclaim money/charges etc for clients from their creditors IMO..
                              Get other opinions......I could be wrong.

Licence Details:

Licence/Application Number

Licence Status

Applicant/Holder Name

Pending
                              Symmetric Systems Ltd

Event Details:

Event Number

Event Type

Date of Receipt

Closed Date

Status

New Licence App
                              10-Dec-2010

Open

Licence Event Details:

Role
                              Name
                              Applicant
                              Symmetric Systems Ltd
                              Officer
                              Benjamin Smart
                              Officer
                              Simon Smart

Names:

Name
                              Bank-Smart

Categories:

Category
                              Consumer credit

Comment

I can confrim the above as it shows the same on the public register too. So in effect they are operating without a license and as such they are operating unlawfully. People should add that to the letters of complaints too, as that would no doubt shut them up. Oh they have never held a credit license either according to the public register as its not showing any previous licenses.
                                Last edited by teaboy2; 15th January 2012, 00:40:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X