• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Prescriptions fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescriptions fines

I work but am very low paid (average £39 per week) so am entitled to free prescriptions. Earlier this year my mum became really ill so spent a lot of my time looking after her, sadly she died in May, during that time my HC2 certificate needed renewing because of all that was going on and the fact I had no reminder from them to say it needed renewing it wasn't renewed. Now I'm getting letters demanding £88 and there will be more to come, I literally cannot afford these bills. Can anyone tell me if I can do anything or if not, what the consequences of not paying will be?
    Last edited by Jacob 543; 14th September 2017, 11:08:AM. Reason: Missed words
    Tags: None

Re: Prescriptions fines

Originally posted by Jacob 543 View Post
    I work but am very low paid (average £39 per week) so am entitled to free prescriptions. Earlier this year my mum became really ill so spent a lot of my time looking after her, sadly she died in May, during that time my HC2 certificate needed renewing because of all that was going on and the fact I had no reminder from them to say it needed renewing it wasn't renewed. Now I'm getting letters demanding £88 and there will be more to come, I literally cannot afford these bills. Can anyone tell me if I can do anything or if not, what the consequences of not paying will be?
    Ignoring the letters aren't going to make this go away. Write back to them, apologise you haven't contacted them sooner and explain everything, let them know it was a genuine mistake and enclose a copy of your mums death certificate to show them you're genuine. Ask that they cancel the charges and how you go about registering your HC2 certificate again.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Have you applied for a new HC2? If not get that in asap

As your income is so low, are you on any means tested benefits which would passport you to free prescriptions

Quite honestly i would maybe have a chat with CAB - you can contact their helpline on the phone I think before you do anything

Sometimes there is such a thing as being too honest too quickly although I am not suggesting you try to ignore anything or lie

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
        Ignoring the letters aren't going to make this go away. Write back to them, apologise you haven't contacted them sooner and explain everything, let them know it was a genuine mistake and enclose a copy of your mums death certificate to show them you're genuine. Ask that they cancel the charges and how you go about registering your HC2 certificate again.
        Thanks I will give that a go

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X