• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iv came to the conclusion I'm stupid

yes, that's right, Amigo guarantor,£9000 Tesco solely in my name £15,000, Currys £1200. MBNA with capquest I'm not worried about most of that I owe is late charges and over limit fees what they created £60 a month but, they were charges that were applied later on the card cos when they made my limit go over I couldn't afford what they wanted, that bill is over 9 yrs old I'm not too worried about-I did the letters I sent off to cancel the card payment and cancelled all DD. I made a complaint to my bank via email last night at their lack of help in dealing with the fact the let that money go leaving me with no money. I finally had a reply from my daughter she would only text me she wouldn't answer her phone.she said" she tried to have the date moved so she could wait to see what her husbands wages were, she's out of work and they rely on his wages for rent and whatever else she has to pay so she could agree with amigo what they can pay but I guess she was taking too long and they wanted the money from me, that's my guess I sat wrote a list of things to do for today haven't slept yet. yes, my rent and council tax has all been paid. luckily my DD come out 1st of the month so my TV lic and water and such have all been paid.

Comment

in reply to the catalogue, yes that was sorted it was for Viva la diva what turned out to be JD Williams they were sending letters in both mine and her name. I had to go to court and I had it set aside. they haven't been in touch since that was middle last year***touches wood* you would think I would have learnt my lesson from there.

Comment

no, it was 2015 for the catalogue

Comment

Great, stay on top of the priority bills Is your credit file screwed up already ?

Your daughters probably really worried about the situation too and is trying to get things sorted out.

Are Tesco and Curry's being paid okay at the moment ?

If you can get together and work out what she can afford to pay on those two maybe she (well, you) can make a reduced payment arrangement with those while she gets herself back on her feet so they don't spin out of control ... and keep on top of the Amigo loan as that's got the insane ( almost 50% interest rate) while you work things out.

Has she looked at selling the car at all, and how much that would get to pay off some of this? Was it a new car when she bought it ? ( depreciation probably make it not worth while ) and I think I'm right in saying the Tesco loan wasn't secured on the car in anyway, just a unsecured personal loan which you used to buy their car.

Still wondering what you asked CAB for them to recommend bankruptcy - was it just the best way to get these debts gone so you can move on ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

she told me something via text last night what I can't really put on here, but no nothing is been paid atm. the car he needs to get to work. he has to drive from site to site. cab gave me the IVA option, I had in my head bankruptcy I suggested it and she gave me all the details about it so I looked p both when I got home, I read all information I could find and think bankruptcy was my best option. when I went to change my bank account I was turned down for a current account so yes I think my credit file is messed now but Iv did not get that far to check yet

Comment

Okay might be worthwhile having a peek ( maybe on Noddle ?) It's not like you're hiding from any creditors so needn't worry about that. Should at least give you a better idea exactly where you stand, how many payments have been missed etc.

Are you getting statements for the card each month ? so know exactly where things are at ?

Have you had statement from Tesco, or have an online access to see where things are with it?

(btw I have a car, it was £1200, I've had it two years and it's absolutely fine so I'm not all that sympathetic to people who say they ''need'' an expensive car ( and £15k is expensive whichever way you look at it) - you only have an expensive car if you can afford it, and he can't, obviously or he'd be paying for it )

CAB or Stepchange are the best people to talk to if you want to get things cracked for good, with bankruptcy or IVA or other options they've given you, so that you're out the otherside clear in 3/6 years ... rather than relying on Daughter to get herself sorted and keep up with these for the next 5/6 years, and potentially seeing that fail and being in the same boat then looking at a further few years dealing with it.

Whatever you do though, your Daughter (and sounds like more her other half) needs to take responsibility for the position they have put you in, and never ask you to put yourself in that position again.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thankyou Ame for the assistance/simpathy on this one - the approach/experiance is helping the person who needed support and guidance,

Comment

I. Completely agree with you regarding the car iv said it all along he wants all the time and she does without but she won't have a bad word said about him he's a. Needy wanting person and she protects him all the time I checked. Noodle nothing is showing as yet last months payments have been missed last month

- - - Updated - - -

Step changed wished me good luck and left it for me to do

Comment

Good news on Noddle So really you're worrying about what might happen in the future as things have gone wrong this month due to your Daughters work situation ?
                    All these things aren't in default and she's kept up with them until now pretty much?

How is their credit file now? Any way they can get a loan in their own name now and settle the ones in your name?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi
                      just a couple of thoughts

Not sure where you tried to get a current account but most banks offer a basic current account that has most of the facilities of a normal one except no overdraft and while a debit card is provided it does not work everywhere - such as automatic petrol stations, buying onboard an aircraft- basically they need to be able to get authorisation for for any transaction. I had problems in the past buying tickets on a train when it can not connect to the servers

However once you have looked at Noddle , there are TSB, LLoyds, Coop, Yorkshire bank , all who have accepted me for basic banking at various times

Something else to be aware of, if you go BR or enter an IVA it will not get rid of the debts for your daughter - or at least i don't think they will- she (or whoever is the main name on the agreement) would still have to deal with them.

At the moment it is first a case of getting all the facts together and seeing exactly what the situation is.

As I have already said , I am not sure just how useful an IVA would be , most of the money actually goes to the administrators and should it fail you can end up in a worse position than you were before with little paid off and several years interest piled back on top.

Comment

Their credit file is a mess they can't get loans that's why they used me I changed to the coop basic account the lady in the. And was lovely

Comment

omg, I rang my bank earlier today. for one last attempt at getting my money back, they said to give them till Friday to raise a dispute. checked my bank and it;s back £296.44. I'm in shock they also sent me an email that they cancelled the automatic attempts on my card.

Comment

Delighted!!
                            PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

thank you Slainte for your help and support me too. now I have to do the right thing and set about with my finances see what I can pay back. it won't be much but if I can give them something for now is better than nothing until I decide what I will do

Comment

your welcome. Keep your head high mama! You're doing just fine!!
                                PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X