• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County court claim from Lowell Portfolio for a Studio Gifts debt

YIp the PDF is good

When you first placed an order with Studio do you remember how you did it?

Did you actually sign an agreement ? ( this copy doesn't look to be signed - and the date is printed which indicates this isn't a copy of the original that you completed and signed so would be a recon )

Also do you recall what the charge was for not paying by DD ? there's quite a big difference between APR for DD payers and other methods ( 22% v 44% ) ( they still do same now - https://www.studio.co.uk/content/terms-your-account )

( non - cancellable ?? )

Did you have their form of PPI btw? and did they pay you back? ( https://www.fca.org.uk/news/press-re...redress-scheme )
    Last edited by Amethyst; 25th September 2017, 07:12:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Used the TARDIS?

Express gifts didn't have the Accrington address until July 2010.
      https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...pL4oyvqhzgU%3D

Address in 2000
      https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...tNEoz7ahzgU%3D
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

YIp the PDF is good

Did you actually sign an agreement ? ( this copy doesn't look to be signed - and the date is printed which indicates this isn't a copy of the original that you completed and signed so would be a recon )

Also do you recall what the charge was for not paying by DD ? there's quite a big difference between APR for DD payers and other methods ( 22% v 44% )

( non - cancellable ?? / default charges £20 )
        It's been a long time so I can't really remember but I think I filled in an order form and sent it by post . I can't remember signing the credit agreement. As for the DD, I had no idea I was being charged such a difference for not paying by DD

I think while I was a customer of express gifts I've paid about £300 maybe more in default charges cause sometimes I'd have to pay two lots of payments cause the due date fell short of 2 days before I got played it was a nightmare

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          Used the TARDIS?

Express gifts didn't have the Accrington address until July 2010.
          https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...pL4oyvqhzgU%3D

Address in 2000
          https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/d...tNEoz7ahzgU%3D
          It's got the Accrington address on the agreement

Comment

lol, and the Distance Marketing regs 2004

Sorry I was being bugged by the non-cancellable bit - why would it be non cancellable?

Were studio a catalogue on doorstep type seller thing?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Leego59 View Post
              It's got the Accrington address on the agreement
              Yep!
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Yep!
                So it's not the original copy?

- - - Updated - - -

lol, and the Distance Marketing regs 2004

Sorry I was being bugged by the non-cancellable bit - why would it be non cancellable?

Were studio a catalogue on doorstep type seller thing?
                No it was just a Christmas gifts catalogue

Comment

Express gifts LEFT the Accrington address in 2010
                  30 Dec 2010 Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)

Ahhh

05 Jul 2010 Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1

did a bit of moving about then - moved for 3 days? lol. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=4

The Distance Marketing regs kill it anyway.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Still bugging me on the cancallable bit - looking at original cca 1974 I don't think it needed to be but not sure exactly why.....

Anyhoo ... Is the date of the agreement correct ( 27/9/2000 ) ? just so they can't claim that's a typo etc.

( your links don't work Charity btw hence trying to look it up )
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

30 Dec 2010 Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Church Bridge House Henry Street Church Accrington Lancashire BB5 4EH on 30 December 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1 page)

Ahhh

05 Jul 2010 Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 View PDF ( Registered office address changed from Burley House Bradford Road Burley in Wharfedale Ilkley West Yorkshire LS29 7DZ on 5 July 2010 - link opens in a new window ) (1

did a bit of moving about then - moved for 3 days? lol. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=4

Yep, seems they moved to Accrington in July 2010, & moved again Dec 2010
                      https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=3
                      (Does that link work?)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ahhh

Its got the agreement is between express studio ltd trading as studio whose principal postal address is at church bridge house accrington lancs bb5 4ee and you the person detailed below

Comment

Anyhoo ... Is the date of the agreement correct ( 27/9/2000 ) ? just so they can't claim that's a typo etc.

On this - last payment 2011 and defaulted 2012 - that'd be quite a long time to have a studio card account ( as I recall they were pretty crap christmas card over priced wrap and gifts stuff - so to stick with them for 11 years would be quite an acheivement ( no offence meant by that btw) )
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yep, seems they moved to Accrington in July 2010, & moved again Dec 2010
                            https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...history?page=3
                            (Does that link work?)
                            yip thanks xx I guessed they were co house links as I do the same with the bloody amazon aws linkages breaking.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Leego59 View Post
                              Its got the agreement is between express studio ltd trading as studio whose principal postal address is at church bridge house accrington lancs bb5 4ee and you the person detailed below
                              like this one http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ther/mycca.jpg

See this bugs me too on the address as this was on a thread posted in 2008 umm here -> http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-me-off./page2

Should the creditor address not be their registered address not their postal address?

( Still the FS(DM)2004 kill it if the 2000 date is right - the address issue is just annoying me now)
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

On this - last payment 2011 and defaulted 2012 - that'd be quite a long time to have a studio card account ( as I recall they were pretty crap christmas card over priced wrap and gifts stuff - so to stick with them for 11 years would be quite an acheivement ( no offence meant by that btw) )
                                Tell me about it they were crap but when needs must so id been a customer for 11 years and they couldnt come to some arrangement when i needed help they didnt even answer the letter i sent them about I difficulties
                                Shall I still put the section of statue barred in my defence if I sent them that letter on 11/11/11 I also corresponded with them by email on 30/12/11 but it was sent from my sons email address and when they sent one back they addressed it to my sister's name ( totally different name) who I was living with at the time

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X