• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Diabetes Type 2 - Just some info.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetes Type 2 - Just some info.

I just wanted to leave this here for people to research if it something they are living with, or want to avoid living with. I am a little biased as I went Low Carb last August, and my Mum has come off her diabetic medications through following Low Carb & Keto.

Obviously I've researched crap out of it, cause that's who I am, but I'm not going to waffle on passionately and annoyingly for hours... don't worry ---- it is always better to read things and learn for yourself if you are interested.

So a forum discussing everything Diabetes is Diabetes.co.uk ( see quote below ) and also highly recommend the DietDoctor.com and PHCUK.org websites.

Also covers lots of info on Statins use for heart disease.

Many people with diabetes are following a low-carb diet because of its benefits in terms of improving diabetes control, weight loss and being a diet that is satisfying and easy to stick to.
    Low-carb diets are flexible and can be followed by people with different types of diabetes.
    The diet has allowed many people with type 2 diabetes to resolve their diabetes, that is to get their blood sugar levels into a non-diabetic range without the help of medication.
    People with type 1 diabetes have also reported much more stable blood sugar levels, making the condition easier to predict and manage.
    The diet is a healthy way of eating as vegetables and natural, real foods are integral to the diet.
    Low-carb guidance and support

The low-carb diet forum has been cited as a leading resource in providing support and encouragement for people that are looking to achieve lower HbA1c levels and sustain effective weight loss. [127]
    In 2015, Diabetes.co.uk launched the Low Carb Program which has helped thousands of people with type 2 diabetes to improve their diabetes control and reduce their dependency on diabetes medication.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Diabetes Type 2 - Just some info.

You absolute darling! Hubby has T2 and when I read this back in June it was, to be honest, with a bit of lethargy but I did take a look at the low carb info and reduced the amount I was shoving in front of him by about 30-50%. Well in just over 2 months it has reduced his blood sugar from 8 to 5.6. I kid you not.
    5.6! He just had his results this afternoon. Cannot get over this. Thank you so, so much!
    Last edited by PAWS; 12th September 2017, 20:47:PM.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thank you so much.

Mum is T2, I will show her this!
      PLEASE NOTE: I work irregular hours including nights and sleep in shifts. If I have not responded in 48 hours, please ask an admin to Messenger me!

"If you ever feel alone, remember, I am just the other side of the rainbow, or just south of the North Star. Whichever is closer." - A.J Murphy. 17/3/1974 - 16/03/1997 (RIP babe <3)

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
        You absolute darling! Hubby has T2 and when I read this back in June it was, to be honest, with a bit of lethargy but I did take a look at the low carb info and reduced the amount I was shoving in front of him by about 30-50%. Well in just over 2 months it has reduced his blood sugar from 8 to 5.6. I kid you not.
        5.6! He just had his results this afternoon. Cannot get over this. Thank you so, so much!
        WOW - that is bloody fantastic to hear Thankyou for saying xxxxxx

I never got to Diabetes but I was starting to worry about it as a lot of my family are T2, but seeing so many good stories from people who had switched to low carb and reversing their diabetes, I just wanted to share. Plus I lost 45lbs and have been same weight now since January. Keep going with Hubby, and reduce carbs further if you can, he should be an ex-diabetic soon
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
          Those readings are basic BG levels. How many times a day does he test? Even better what is his HBA1C level - which is a better guide as to how things are going? What meds is he on?

Comment

Well I am absolutely amazed! I haven’t lost weight however but I think that could be the vino.Click image for larger version

Name:	drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views:	3
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1176025
            I would recommend that anyone with high blood sugar gives this a go. I only gave it a bit of effort and could not believe the difference. OH has had T2 for years and this is the first time there has been a significant drop -and boy what a drop!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
            ~ Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
              Those readings are basic BG levels. How many times a day does he test? Even better what is his HBA1C level - which is a better guide as to how things are going? What meds is he on?
              He takes Metformin and gets tested at the surgery every few months. I have no idea what the tests are called. They were also astounded

~ Anonymous

Comment

If he keeps those levels up (well, down lol) he might be able to start reducing his metformin ( under the GP's command of course, not on his own )
                My mum's HBA1C was 46 in her last test ( when she was diagnosed she was 78 I think)
                Bloods wise my 'fasting' bg is around 4.9-5.2. Normally the GP's do fasting bg test? so if that was 5.6 that's good, but yes overall knowledge wise he wants HBa1c. Never had mine tested.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

It affects different people in different ways. I was diagnosed T2 some 5 years or so ago - HBAIC of 102. Started like everyone on Metformin - had to come off them after a week, tried the Slow Release version - better but not greatly. They then decided Gliclazide and Lyxumia (a synthetic insulin) was the way forward. This worked well for a while but unknown to me after a few months had stopped doing anything for me. Found out it wass the reason I had become rude & obnoxious to a lot of folks. The only way forward after this was Insulin injections and have to say they work well for me - HBA1C is now down to low 50's, only varies by about 2 every 6 months.

Downside is having to notify DVLA but have just had my licence renewed without any hassles - only get 3 years at a time, have to stop & test BG every 2 hours whilst driving. Also have to have regular check ups for feet, eyes etc. My dosage is 100 units twice a day which I am now used to.

Comment

Gosh, I feel like I have not been paying great attention to his condition as I haven’t a clue what tests he has! I don’t think he pays a lot of attention either but he doesn’t test at home. He looks and feels great at the moment so that’s the main thing.
                    I have decided that I will start having an Andrews ‘chaser’ with every glass of wine to try and lose some weight or maybe try a cocktail of gin and castor oil?Click image for larger version

Name:	sbathroom_toiletexplode_100-1001.gif
Views:	1
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	1176026

~ Anonymous

Comment

Well worth joining is http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/ very knowledgeable folk there.

Comment

I am also Type 2 (family history of 2 brothers Type 1 injecting and a mum with Type 2.....and my dad's family and my mum's family with other relatives having various types of diabetes!!!).

I also have gone ketogenic with some Intermittent Fasting as per Dr Jason Fung (Canadian Nephrologist)....all great results with very positive biological markers, lower blood pressure, cholesterol HBA1C , weight loss and feeling much healthier.....etc...

Likewise I have researched the crap out of this, as I didn't want to believe what the GP was telling me about it being a progressive incurable disease!!
                        He wasn't a bit happy about me following this Low Carb Healthy (High) Fat lifestyle. I just wanted to prove him wrong, and that I wasn't going to be taking drugs for ever and a day, keeping big Pharma in money and making me feel worse!!!
                        When you think about it, Medical schools don't, I'm sure spend too much time on teaching medical students about nutrition as a way to heal the patient....just pump them full of drugs regardless of the other side effects, as sure, more drugs can help with those , and so on and so on!!
                        T2 really should be called Carbohydrate Intolerance, as the less carbs you take the better are the biological markers.
                        The Atkins is where I started and then onto the diet Doctor and it is great along with all of those other sites.

This lifestyle works for me, I am by no means a medical person, just a plain old human wanting to take back control of his health and life, and not just leave it up to someone else. (GP!!)

As always seek medical advice!

Comment

So brilliant to hear this Doc !!! Are you involved with PHCuk at all ? I went to the conference in Manchester a couple months ago and met Jason, Andreas, Aseem & co. Bloody brilliant.

Hope your GP is eating his words a little bit seeing your results and taking notice. I was pretty impressed with my GP and nurse, they were really positive about it and the nurse was doing it herself

Originally posted by Doc2527 View Post

I also have gone ketogenic with some Intermittent Fasting as per Dr Jason Fung (Canadian Nephrologist)....all great results with very positive biological markers, lower blood pressure, cholesterol HBA1C , weight loss and feeling much healthier.....etc...

Likewise I have researched the crap out of this, as I didn't want to believe what the GP was telling me about it being a progressive incurable disease!!
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Doc2527 View Post

I highly recommend this lifestyle, I am by no means a medical person, just a plain old human wanting to take back control of his health and life, and not just leave it up to someone else. (My GP!!)

As always seek medical advice!
                            As said it isn't for everyone - I have quite a few other issues which don't help. I have been lucky in the past 2/3 months over different episodes by meeting the big man and telling him I'm not ready yet.

I should never have stopped smoking as never had all this then.

Comment

Amethyst....so Jealous of you getting to meet all the guys I read about.
                              No not involved with PHCuk.
                              Ivor Cummins of FatEmperor is also very interesting to read and listen to.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X