• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell threatening legal case President

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell threatening legal case President

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum.
    I posted a thread yesterday but don't know if I put it in the wrong place 😶
    I think Lowell are trying to use scare tactics with me. They are trying to threaten me with a case that they say has set a president in proving that a debt is not statute barred.
    I really need some help, I was defending my case based on it being statute barred. But they are saying that it isn't. It's from 2006 with pc world. No payments have been made since 2006 and no written contact from me. They are saying that it went into default in 2011 therefore statute barred doesn't apply. I'm so confused 😮
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell threatening legal case President

BMW v Hart per chance ?

Basically if you took out a loan/finance with PC world in 2006 if the term of that loan was originally 5 years then that would be an end date of 2011 - in which case it would be tight on statute barred. It is arguable.

But depends hugely on terms of the agreement - does anything at all show on your credit file for this debt ?

I'll see if I can find your previous thread.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

put up copy the letter they sent you minus your personal details
      also your location in the uk would help

Comment

Here we are - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...695#post727695
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Ah it is a claim form not letter!

Comment

Both I think - I've posted on the other thread and moved it to the court claim forum
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have asked them for the original agreement but they are dragging their heels.
              I have looked on noddle and it shows no payments have been made.
              Yes BTW V Hart is what they are quoting.
              I'm sorry, I'm so stressed going round in circles at the moment.

Comment

I have a short statement of my account which shows that the agreement was 31st August 2006 for a period of 48 months which would take that to 2010??

Comment

2006 last acknowledgment/payment then takes 5 years for default entry - ?>?? correct?

Comment

That's understandable it's a stressful situation - I've asked some Q's on your other thread so lets stick to there for now http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...695#post727695
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X