• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Proof of identity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Proof of identity

Originally posted by icrina53 View Post
    I think it is , I left all the papers at work but I remember seeing it , I will double check tomorrow
    Ok.

Did you ever receive Notice of Assignment from anyone, or a s87 CCA 1974 Default Notice from the original creditor?
    According to the reply to defence, you did.
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Ok.

Did you ever receive Notice of Assignment from anyone, or a s87 CCA 1974 Default Notice from the original creditor?
      According to the reply to defence, you did.
      Good morning,
      The payment in December 2012 is on there
      Notice of assignment I received after the initial claim was struck out in Feb 2016, from Lowells following my cca request
      Default letter I haven't received from anyone.

Comment

[MENTION=54628]icrina53[/MENTION]

IMHO
        Phone the court for an update to see if a court date/date of exchange of documents has been decided.
        Lowells have given a heads-up with their reply to defence, so if it were me I'd submit a Witness Statement/ docs exchange at the last possible moment, & if poss, arrange a simultaneous exchange with the solicitors. (To try & avoid any 'late changes' by them).
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

IMHO
          Phone the court for an update to see if a court date/date of exchange of documents has been decided.
          Lowells have given a heads-up with their reply to defence, so if it were me I'd submit a Witness Statement/ docs exchange at the last possible moment, & if poss, arrange a simultaneous exchange with the solicitors. (To try & avoid any 'late changes' by them).
          Hello,
          I will phone the court tomorrow, thank you. What else is to write on the statement? I can't think of anything that I haven't sent them already

Comment

IMHO
            I phoned the court today , Lowell's response was given to the judge on the 13th, they advised me to wait for the Direction order from the court .

Comment

@icrina53

IMHO
              Just received a letter from the court , I need to go for a preliminary hearing on the 20th of this month.
              The letter states the hearing is '' to consider whether the claim can be disposed of because the claimant Lowell has no real prospect of success at a final hearing''

What do I need to take with me ? and most importantly what should I say? I never been in a court in my life, hopefully is first and last .

Comment

This is the letter
                Attached Files

Comment

Just received a letter from the court , I need to go for a preliminary hearing on the 20th of this month.
                  The letter states the hearing is '' to consider whether the claim can be disposed of because the claimant Lowell has no real prospect of success at a final hearing''

What do I need to take with me ? and most importantly what should I say? I never been in a court in my life, hopefully is first and last .
                  Hello Icrina,

Has the court ordered any documents to be filed prior to the hearing?

You take 3 copies of each documents you intended to rely on In court, just as you would at the full hearing.

I've not been around for a while so can you please update me on what has been filed with the court etc.

nem

Comment

No documents were asked for by the court. In response to my defence Lowell submitted the paperwork from post 126 and asked the court to strike out my defence. After the case was not deemed to be suitable for mediation I got this letter to go in court on the 20th .
                    I am stuck to what documents can I rely on in court. I've got an online application, some terms and conditions , notice of assignment and a list of transactions.

- - - Updated - - -

The first part of my documents
                    Attached Files

Comment

and a list of transactions
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                        Hello Icrina,

Has the court ordered any documents to be filed prior to the hearing?

You take 3 copies of each documents you intended to rely on In court, just as you would at the full hearing.

I've not been around for a while so can you please update me on what has been filed with the court etc.

nem
                        Ok Icrina,

As I see it Lowell has not complied fully with the CCA request and it unlikely to be able so to do and a judge has said so and asked for each party to submit documents to support the claim / defence?

Have you submitted a witness statement?

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                          Ok Icrina,

As I see it Lowell has not complied fully with the CCA request and it unlikely to be able so to do and a judge has said so and asked for each party to submit documents to support the claim / defence?

Have you submitted a witness statement?

nem
                          When was I suppose to sent the statement? to be honest I didn't even though about it as nobody asked me to . The attached paperwork is what I received in response for my defence and now I am being asked to attend a hearing.
                          Is it too late to send a statement now?

Comment

When was I suppose to sent the statement? to be honest I didn't even though about it as nobody asked me to . The attached paperwork is what I received in response for my defence and now I am being asked to attend a hearing.
                            Is it too late to send a statement now?
                            Your witness statement should have been sent to cross with the claimants.
                            So yes get one set up have a look at the template in the green box above and compare it to the claimants and then out together a draft which we can then work on with you.

nem

Comment

ok , thank you I will have a go and post it on here tomorrow so you can tell me what you think.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X