• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VT advice motorloan balloon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VT advice motorloan balloon

It's 5000 miles a year, it is on there just might be unclear from the photos

Comment

Blimey, that's low. Can you tell me the paragraph pls. xx ( it should specify the 'penalties' if you go over that etc too )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Tell me about it but when I bought the car I told the sales guy I would be doing at least 12k per year and he said don't worry about it they never check it- on the photos on the thread its the middle right photo and bottom right corner in the box above the signature box- doesn't state charge for pence per mile for going over allowance but says unless conditions have been strictly adhered to they will not purchase it- I have gone over the mileage by around 3j at present.

Thanks

Comment

Ahh yes got it.

Sounds like a bit of misselling there.

It doesn't give a penalty for the mileage that I can see, presumably it is simply they can refuse to take the car back and force you to pay the balloon, so Option 1 ( para 4.4 ) and possibly if you try to return under Option 2 you would get a much reduced offer and still have to pay a fair chunk of that balloon payment. Pretty sure it should be spelt out though.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Well, before you consider any legal action you might want to go down the formal complaint route. I expect them the first line of support from Fiat and no doubt their final decision might remain the same. If you take it to the Financial Ombudsman they may or may not agree with you or just simply say because it says fixed sum loan it must be a fixed sum loan.

Or you can head straight to the legal proceedings and then fire off a letter before action. You don't need to give them notification of rescission of the contract now you can seek a rescission and any sums paid under the agreement by getting the court to declare rescission, though it is unlikely to award you full damages you have paid to date since you've haduse of the car - but you could certainly claim back any sums paid following you realising there was a misrep or however many months you have paid since. That way if you continue to pay and the court doesn't find in your favour, you can continue as normal whereas if you terminate now they can claim wrongful termination and accelerate the payments under the contract.

It's really up to you which way you want to go but the agreement is pretty poor and there are a number of anomalies contained in it, not to mention any misrepresentation on the brochure and what you were told. If there was someone with you when you were told about the 12k mileage question then that would strengthen your claim if it went to court.

Nothing stopping you from writing to the Advertising Standards Authority and reporting the marketing material and also Trading Standards. The FCA is also looking at the way dealerships sell to consumers and they might be interested in your problem as an example of potential mis-selling in that the brochure says one thing but the heading says another.
            Last edited by R0b; 2nd August 2017, 12:51:PM.
            If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
            - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER
            Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

For ref re R0bs post about the FCA's current work - https://www.fca.org.uk/news/news-sto...-motor-finance
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I cannot really read these docs, it seems to me however that its headed fixed sum loan agreement, so on the face of it it seems that the option to VT may be off the table.
                I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Hi I am going through the same thing. I have a car through Fiat and I phoned today to get a settlement figure and had money waiting to get the finance to 50% so I could VT the car. I was told I can't because it's on a motor loan Balloon not pcp. A long story but I am basically paying nearly £20,000 for a car that's now worth £6,000 And still owe £11,000. I had never heard of this Balloon payment. I seriously thought my car was on pcp. Heart Broken

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X