• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Royal Mail - important mail not received for months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Mail - important mail not received for months

Hello,

I am new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place to post but I hope someone will be able to help. I need some advice on what at the moment feels like a complicated issue - sorry if this first post is a long one.

I have strong reasons to believe that a big part of my mail is not being delivered by Royal Mail. My husband and I have experienced two visits from bailiffs (Magistrate and High Court) which to us were completely unexpected and for debts we knew nothing about. After investigating further with the courts it turned out that both debts were due to a mistake - one for congestion charges on a car we no longer own and another for a debt we have already paid.

After these two unpleasant events I have decided to check my credit report and saw that I have two CCJs - one recent and one from November. I had to call the court to understand why these have been issued and in relation to what creditors. It turned out the one from November is related to one of the bailiff visits and the recent one was for a debt I have forgotten about but still had time to call to pay the agency and pay in full, so that the CCJ was removed.

Both the courts and the debt agencies said that they have sent court documents and numerous reminder letters - none of which my husband and I have received at our address. Indeed, none of these debts would have escalated if we have received any of these letters and documents and needless to say we have to pay completely unnecessary hefty fines five times higher than the original debts.

When checking with the courts and agencies it seems that they have our correct address and we have lived in the same house for the last seven years. So even though it seemed quite incredulous to me at first, I have no other explanation but to conclude that a significant part of our mail is not being delivered since at least June last year.

The questions I have are (provided we live in England):

1) Who should I complain to - Royal Mail, the senders or both?
    2) What are my rights and what are my options for demanding compensation from Royal Mail. It is not a question of losing a single parcel or letter but of systemic failure to delver important correspondence, which have caused our household serious financial issues and damage for both mine and my husband's credit record.
    3) What are our options for damage control on the CCJs and our credit records? What would be a way to have them removed?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has any advice!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X