• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio LTD / Provident Personal Credit - 25-7-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Court Claim - Lowell Portfolio LTD / Provident Personal Credit - 25-7-2017

Hi Amethyst,

Thank you for your response

No it does not state it was a loan on the particulars of claim, it just says agreement, I will make the amendment.

Yes your right in regards to the extension, I will amend this also.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Warwick65,

Thanks for your reply

I don't recall a DN being received.

I did not SAR provident as I thought time was against me in regards to submitting my defence.

Comment

The SAR is more for your own reference, to check the veracity of anything which may be supplied by the Claimant (eg a reconstituted agreement); it doesn't necessarily form part of your submitted defence.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi guys, just to update you and to get further advice.

Defence sent off, received acknowledgement from the court on the 24th August 2017.

Today received a letter from Lowell regarding a directions questionnaire (small claims track) pls see attachments.

can someone explain what this means? Also I have received nothing from Lowell regarding the CCA & CPR 31.14

Many thanks in advance
        Attached Files

Comment

Standard stuff.
          It indicates Lowells intention to proceed with the case.
          You should receive a DQ from the court in due course, which you should complete & return to the court by the deadline which will be advised, & also you serve a copy of it to Lowells.
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Thank you Charitynjw

what does this mean ? Do I need to attend court ?

Im just a little confused as to how I proceed with the next steps

Comment

just follow court instructions, as for going to court the situation could change up to the last minute depends on lowell's if they continue/discontinue, too early to say.

Comment

hi now that odd i never got this from same lowell since 20016/ 2017, only i never for claim pack, 1st it was ccj by defulat, im so ill, still i fist had local c a s/ cab help side it side, this lead to trying to put defence to gether, ie over vodeaphone sold claim debt yet lowells hired agent in court never had full proof of claim, i did ,no legal iad help, to support me or in hearing, i was abused badly in so many ways truma stil effects me,

Comment

ALSO ON SAT 9,9, 2017 DEMAND FOR OVER 1,0050 pounds , 50 a mth i not out, by 18,9, 2017, im disbaled very ill they know this , i could not get re enter my defence in time, as i never order juge court order till after order said , on it, i been messed about both by cab, and local debt adivce serivce waiting weeks to see someone to help me, only infromed cant help,, no legal aid either for lawyer, now majoir ill other criss going one, how on earth these dca comapnies expect thier claims on so many like me, then process now of threats of enfrocement help?

Comment

this i really all year have problums to do,, as its claim on moible phone, 12.4.2014, then pones for u ltd closed down, i thought offer serivce i payed for was with them,,, till notice in press then on windwo of old shop says go to vodaphone shop, i dd with carer, this both male failed to help i nside pused on me new offer, ie red share data plan, for both phone and new offer ie tablet, data cap on 53 a mth, i thought this cancel out of contract offer, new one from 24,10,2014, male said i had 30 days to cancel , carer refused to help me understand, court , my denfecne was trying to put this fact over, lowells now dca company never had copy of new contract order, only peroius mobile, yet then costs goes up,,, higer then agreed, so i tried to write my defence for court i was refused to enter this all wrote out clear, prints of rest, yet, as disabled in wheelchair on my own limted all to my medical facts was dismissed, its unreal what im going though ,

Comment

Hi Guys, need some advice

just received Notice of Proposed Allocation to the small claims track, can some one tell me what this means please ?

Also I have received N180 (Directions Questionnaire) how do I proceed to fill this out in regards to, if I agree if the case should be referred to the small claims mediation service. Lowell have not provided me with anything I asked for ( CCA request & CPR 31.14 request.)

Comment

Hi
                        I would agree to mediation at this point - they may produce some documents and even if they don't and you were worried about going to court you could use it as an opportunity to make a silly offer to make it go away - say £30 although I doubt they would accept that.
                        All mediation is confidential and the court does not hear about it.

Remember to say the number of witnesses is 1 (you) also to include any dates you are unavailable - you don't need to give a reason but if you have any holiday booked in the next 6 months I would add a day before and day or so after - just in case of delays. ( Can you imagine, landing at 11pm and needing to be in court for 10 am the following morning)

Comment

Thanks Warwick65, so do you have to attend mediation somewhere, I assumed it was done over the phone.

Comment

Hi
                            I am told it is all done over the phone- I don't believe you get to hear what the other side says, it is all done via the mediator

Comment

Hi Guys,

would appreciate any advice!!

so I have my mediation booked next week with Lowell, can anyone tell me what to expect? Also Lowell have not complied with the CCA Request or CPR 31.14, is this something I can discuss further during mediation? In regards to negotiations, are they likely to accept an offer of a reduced amount of the outstanding debt?

Any advice welcomed, as I have never done mediation before, it's a bit overwhelming for me.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi guys, can I have some advice please to my last post. Need urgent advice!!

Many thanks in advance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X