• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Claim - ARROW GLOBAL / MBNA - 11-7-2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Claim - ARROW GLOBAL / MBNA - 11-7-2017

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 11-7-2017
    Amount approx: 7500
    Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL
    Solicitor: SHOOSMITH
    Original Credit: MBNA

Particulars of Claim:

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info:
    Tags: None

Re: Court Claim - ARROW GLOBAL / MBNA - 11-7-2017

[QUOTE=DICK WHITT;742097]Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 11-7-2017
    Amount approx: 7500
    Claimant: ARROW GLOBAL
    Solicitor: SHOOSMITH
    Original Credit: MBNA

Particulars of Claim:
    1. the claimants claim is for the sum of £7136.64 being monies due from the defendant and MBNA and assigned to the claimant on 19.11.11 notice of which has been provided to the defendant.
    2. the defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the CCA 1974.
    3. The claimant claims the sum of £7136.64.
    4. Chas complied, as far as is necessary with the pre-action conduct practice direction.

Stat Barred? Yes

Have sent: Acknowledged the Claim, Sent a CCA request, Sent a CPR 31.14 request

Other Info

After sending the two letters, one to Shoosmith recorded on 14/07 has not as yet rec'd a reply. The second to Arrow has been replied to stating
    " We thank you for your letter dated and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the CCA 1974.
    We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course,
    We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.
    We hereby return your fee of £1."
    I know that this does not mean that the court case has been put on hold and I have not sent a Sar letter do I now ask for an extension to both solicitor and Global or do I put in my defence in that the have not supplied the documents requested also unsure as in that they are not the creditor do they have the right to take the case to court? thanks

Comment

no suspension in place as court proceedure action taken,

Comment

" We thank you for your letter dated and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the CCA 1974.
        We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute......."
        http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2012/2402.html
        1. Where, however, there is a legal assignment the debtor's liability will be owed to the assignee and it is the assignee who will have to perform the statutory duties relating to enforcement. This is not because he becomes under a contractual obligation to perform those duties, but rather because he cannot assert his rights under the regulated credit agreement without accepting the statutory obligation to perform duties under the 1974 Act relating to enforcement of those rights.
        2. The legal assignee stands in the shoes of the assignor. The enforcement of the assignor's rights under the regulated credit agreement was subject to performance of the statutory duties laid down in the 1974 Act, and the legal assignee's rights are similarly so subject.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Is this MBNA one that was assigned from. Mbna to Brittanic and then to AG.

I think they will have a tough time proving assignment and also providing the agreement.

When was the card taken out?

Arguments are a bit technical though.
          [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]

Comment

Hi Thanks for that As I understand then Arrow are required to provide the documents requested. If that being so is the date that they take assignment of the debt the date that this can be used for SB as this was later. I have checked my records and the last time that I made a payment or acknowledged the debt was in feb 2011 however the default notice as far as my credit check is concerned was not until oct 2011 it is difficult to check accurately as there are details from MBNA who in oct 2011 marked the account as satisfied and closed then I have an account for Arrow that's for the same amount showing up as always being in default I will see what happens tomorrow re post from solicitor Shoosmith but if I cant get the documents what are my options.

Comment

Hi was this meant for me.

I am having trouble with all the technical bits however the card was taken out in 2006 tia

Comment

Mbna had a habit of defaulting late just prior to sale.

Comment

Originally posted by DICK WHITT View Post
                  but if I cant get the documents what are my options.
                  That's an easy question to answer

If the Claimant doesn't produce the documents they need to prove their case then they can't enforce the claim in court.

However they may disclose them further down the line so send that SAR to MBNA pronto which will provide all the information held on their files.

If the Claimant produces documents which are not in your SAR or reconstituted documents containing information which conflicts with the information in your SAR, then that begs the question where did they get the information from and whether it is 'honest and accurate'.

My firm likes to get on with things. Unless the Claimant asks for an extension to a filing date we don't generally request one from them. The more time you give them then the more time they have to come up with things.

Di

Comment

Thanks for that I have downloaded the SAR template and its on its way recorded of course. Now to start drafting my defence if I post the draft on here will someone check it for me. I don't want to send until last minute as still waiting for a response from the solicitor re CCA they recd and signed on 17th july how long should they take to reply?
                    thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X