• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell is calling me again and again.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell is calling me again and again.

Hello, this is my first post since I signed up to hopefully receive advice.

I have been called and texted at minimum weekly since early March by a company named Lowell. I have not answered their calls but the texts are addressed to another person entirely. They say to phone back quoting a reference number, which I have not done,. The repeated texts and calls have come during weekends as well as weekdays. I cannot call back, I am autistic and suffer from anxiety. Calling a stranger is simply something outside of my current capabilities due to difficulties communicating. Since ignoring them has not worked, and has indeed only added to my anxiety I am at a loss of what to so.

Sorry for the bother, and thank you in advance for any help.
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell is calling me again and again.

Can you, or a friend, send a text back telling them that you are not the person they are trying to contact, not to text or call again and to cease and desist from this harassment.

Comment

Hi

First question
      Do you have anyone who could call Lowell for you ?
      Are the calls only coming to your mobile and if so, how long have you had this number?

Are you aware of a debt that you may have

If the answers are no and the number is relatively new then I will find a template letter for you that you can post to lowell

I know it is a problem for you but if you do owe any money, it will be difficult to argue harassment on one call a week.

can you let us know the answer to my questions please

Comment

Hello, and thank you for the response.

I could try to ask a family member to call for me.

The calls are only my mobile and I have had the number for approximately a year and a half. However I do not have a landline.

I am not aware of any debt I have ever owed. And since they are addressing the texts to a woman whose name is definitely not mine I find it hard to think it could be this.

Also it is a minimum of a call and a text a week. I have up to 3 calls and 1 text in a day at worst.

Comment

This any good as a start point [MENTION=98117]warwick65[/MENTION] ?
          http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rts-v-BoS-2013
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you for the template. However the calls are not always at the level of 3 per day. Once or twice I have only received one in a week. Other times it has been around the 3-4 per week. It is rarely quite so intense. There is also the matter of me not communicating a wish for the calls to cease, though this is due to my condition.

Also I owe no money. So it doesn't quite apply to my situation.

Again thank you for the response.

Comment

It's okay I know it's not right for your situation, was just pointing Warwick to it as he said he'd look out a letter and thought it may be a good starting point if he couldn't find one that fitted exactly.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

First don't Worry. What is most likely is that the person being looked for once had your number. Clearly you are not the person but the number is listed against this record. The number is rung three times and texted once as that is the maximumost amount that isn't harassment. Lovell don't know the number has been reassigned and just assume the person they want to speak to is ignoring them. Ask a friend to help you speak to them on the phone and tell them you are not the person they want to speak with. Follow up with a letter and the calls should stop.

Comment

I think something much simpler is probably the best option at the moment

I would do something like

Dear Sir
                  (Include ref no if you have one)
                  You have been calling and sending text messages to [Insert number] for some time now. The messages appear to be for [insert name]. I am finding these messages personally harassing - I am classed as a vulnerable person due to various medical conditions.

I do not know anyone of that name and I have had this phone number now for approximately 18 months. I am therefore asking you to cease all contact immediately and treat this letter as a formal complaint. If calls do not cease I will make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman and the Financial Conduct Authority.

If you believe I am the person in question please provide evidence of any alleged debt

Yours
                  xxxxxx
                  It should shut them up, they will soon be able to cross check your name and address

If i were you i would try to block the number on your mobile or just ignore their calls . Try not to stress, but if you can send the letter Royal mail signed for you will have proof / Address it to :

Customer Complaints

PO Box 1411, Northampton, NN2 1BQ

Comment

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
                    I think something much simpler is probably the best option at the moment

I would do something like

It should shut them up, they will soon be able to cross check your name and address

If i were you i would try to block the number on your mobile or just ignore their calls . Try not to stress, but if you can send the letter Royal mail signed for you will have proof / Address it to :

Customer Complaints

PO Box 1411, Northampton, NN2 1BQ
                    Thank you very much! I will send the letter as soon as possible - blocking has not been possible since the calls come from a variety of Lowell registered numbers. Thanks again!

Comment

Head Office address

Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way,
                      Leeds Valley Park West
                      Leeds, West Yorkshire

LS10 1AB

Phone number: 0845 300 9410

Please check with your phone provider if you are unsure about how much a call

Comment

Auto dialler they use no doubt ignore await written correspondence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X