• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Missie101

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missie101

Hi
    I need some help and advice, I feel ashamed to say that I got caught shoplifting in primark last month, it was the first time I had done such an awful thing and I regret it so bad but I can't go back and change my actions even though I wish I could.so after I got caught two women dressed in casual and a security guard took me back to this room and asked me 21 questions... they demanded to look in my purse to find any form of ID so I had no choice but to give it to them after the lady told me to open my purse an told me to get my bank card out and provisional (she was watching over me) took my ID and photocopied it and then I left the store after returning two items back worth less than £10.
    But now I have received two letters of the RLP demanding that I have to pay £150! I know right it's stressing me out because I'm only 18 and a student, I can pay the money if I lend it of my mum or dad but then I would have to pay them back only because I feel embarrassed and disgusted if I told them the truth, but I'm now scared if they send me to court or take it further as they are saying in the letter if I don't respond or pay within 14 days... what should I do I have never been in this situation and never will again but I'm just so stressed out and scared because I want it to just get out of the way and forgot about but also I'm not sure on what to do next do I respond back to the letter or ignore it or pay the fine or what !!! Urgh I need help please asap
    Tags: None

Re: Missie101

they can demand anything they like - ignore read RIP threads they went to court once and got thrashed, it is a treatogram, relax they will send a few more then no doubt give up, read other threads

They usually send 4 letters - then after you ignored they cry in their soup as they have been found out as a fraud suggestion of a fine which they cannot give you!

you pay them nothing, you owe them nothing, the letters are just that = they hope to get monies from you for freightening you, the state of the minds allowed to operate in this god foresaken country money mad! at all cost.

they cannot fine you only a court case if ever they tried it on!

no police involved = then they do not have a case,

Comment

They did try and take someone to court a few years ago, in Oxford, but got so thoroughly spanked by the judge that they've never tried it again.

There has been no loss, Primark got there goods back and presumably sold them, the security staff were doing what they were being paid to do so no loss there.

No police involved so no chance of a court appearance

Only a court can issue a fine. This is not a fine, only RLP trying to con some money out of you on the pretence it is to recover losses created by your action. Only Primark can take you to court, a civil court not criminal, and RLP have no authority. It would cost Primark more than the items are worth to take it to court and as they have not made a loss one wonders what they would claim for.

Comment

Thank you! And no there was no police involved just 3 staff members

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you ! And yes it makes sense now hearing it from other people because I've not spoken to nobody about this for obvious reasons.

Comment

You may want to have a read of the summary of the Oxford case.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X