• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Loulous reposession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Loulous reposession

Sorry to read your situation

Can i ask did NR offer you a payment holiday? i noted they advised they would put the remainder of the arrears over the mortgage, if that act is available then to them within their accounts they could do it for longer

with my mortgage company C&G not the nicest of companies, they will allow me a 6 month mortgage holiday after each 1 year paid. ( not sure if it depends on equity)

If this option is within the company spec ( not sure of T&C they offered i didn't look) then surely they could of given you 6 months holiday and you continue to pay the arrears while the holiday was in place, you would have been up to gather at the end.

The Holiday does raise your mortgage but at a time of need, i found keeping my roof and worrying about it later was the only option.

Would it be worth asking NR if this is a facility they offer some people, and then informing the judge you have never been offered it. If this is your first time in trouble with your mortgage i don't see why you shouldn't get all help facilities on offer to mortgage holders.

Comment

Unfortunately I havent owned my house long enough to get a mortgage holiday. They said that they would only offer to put the remainder of the balance at the end of the mortgage after a couple of months of clear payments matrix so its not really an option unfortunately.

I am going to write my defence today and post it up.

No we arent getting another housemate, we dont really trust anyone else, and yes I can afford to pay both once this thing is all sorted out... I dont earn a bad wage now, it just seems I have been hit with everything all at once.

Tim will be paying the loan if he gets it, he doesnt want me to pay it.... I asked him this yesterday and he understands the situation that I am in. I will pay him half though because if he pays off the arrears I will be more than able to afford to do so!

I will be working on my defence on and off today, I had a really rough day yesterday and need to get chance to get my head together before I do it otherwise its pointless.

L xx
      Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
      For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
      And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Comment

Cool will keep an out out this eve xxx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok, the only bit on pcol i can find to put a witness statement is a small box asking for any information behind the arrears so i have put the following.

I started to get into difficulty with my mortgage repayments last year after my ex boyfriend moved out of the property. I missed one payment to claimant which resulted in heavy bank charges from Lloyds TSB which escalated and resulted in more and more missed payments and more bank charges. I became ill in May last year, suffering from severe depression and resulting in me having 8 weeks off of work sick after being accused of fraud at work, which I was later found out to be innocent of, and finding out that my Uncle was suing my parents to force sale on their house and claiming half of the current value of their property. In February of this year I was asked to move to Coventry by work to take on a different role, and although this meant me earning more, it has meant that I have had to take on a second house (rented) down there. I then discovered than one of the people I was living with stole money that was intended for the landlord and didn't pay any rent. This has meant that not only have I had to find money for one house, but both. All my money was put towards the arrears on the house in Coventry as I was worried that the landlord there would kick me and the second person out. I had made a couple of small payments to Northern Rock but simply couldn't get a grip with the amount of arrears. Because of my illness I find it difficult to face situations like this despite knowing how serious they are. As soon as I received the documentation relating to the repossession of the property I took steps to resolve this. I have made an arrangement with Northern Rock to pay off the arrears and as of tomorrow will have paid ?1000 off of the balance owing. I have offered and had accepted by the claimant an offer of ?100 per month towards the balance on top of my normal monthly payment of ?406.

is this ok?

Comment

1st September 2008

IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT Claim no. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BETWEEN:

NORTHERN ROCK PLC
            Claimant

-and-

LouLou
            Defendant

FIRST WITNESS STATEMENT OF
            LouLou

I, LouLou, am the Defendant in this case and submit this witness statement;

I am the mortgagee of the property known as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXaddressXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXx.

I started to get into difficulty with my mortgage repayments in 2007 following a breakdown in relations with my partner who had previously assisted me financially.

I fell into arrears after missing a payment in XXXXXXXXX 2007 and after being heavily charged by my bank, this affected my ability to make payments on a number of bills, which incurred further charges and left me unable to manage financially.

In May 2007 I was signed off work by my General practioner with severe depression and remained off work for eight weeks.

In February 2008 my employer asked me to relocate to Coventry. This has meant an increase in my salary however I have had to reside in and finance rented accomodation. This has meant an additional strain on my finances. However the relocation has removed me from a bad situation at work which would have lead to me becoming unemployed had I continued there.

I had originally let the property but the tenants changed their minds just prior to the start of their tenancy.

I am hoping to relet the property XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxaddressXXXXXX XXXXX and will be receiving an additional income of £250 per calendar month.

I have made an arrangement with Northern Rock to repay the arrears on the account at a rate of £100 per month and have made payments as follows;

8th August 2008 - £100

22nd August 2008 - £396

1st September 2008 - £100

These payments are in addition to my normal monthly payment of £406.00 which is paid by Direct Debit on the 1st of each month.

I intend to make payments of £506 on the 1st of each month until the arrears are cleared and then continue with my normal monthly payment of £406 per calendar month.

I enclose my income and expenditure for reference of the court Schedule 1.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars of claim and Schedule 1, annexed hereto, are true to the best of my knowledge.
            Last edited by Amethyst; 31st August 2008, 20:26:PM.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Needs running by Dan
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Just a few tweaks.

1st September 2008

IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT Claim no. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BETWEEN:

NORTHERN ROCK PLC
                Claimant

-and-

LouLou
                Defendant

FIRST WITNESS STATEMENT OF
                LouLou

I, LouLou, am the Defendant in this case and submit this witness statement;

I am the mortgagee of the property known as XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXaddressXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXx.

I started to get into difficulty with my mortgage repayments in 2007 following a breakdown in relations with my partner with whom I had previously shared the responsibility for the mortgage as we both lived in the property.

I fell into arrears after missing a single payment in XXXXXXXXX 2007 which led to the imposition of £xxx in bank charges. This led to the non-payment of a number of bills other bills, leading to yet further bank charges..

In May 2007 I was signed off work by my GP as I had been diagnosed with severe depression, as a result of which, I was unable to work for eight weeks.

In February 2008 my employer relocated me to their Coventry office. This has meant an increase in my salary, however I have had to reside in and finance rented accommodation. This has meant an additional strain on my finances. However, the relocation has removed me from a bad situation at work which may have lead to me becoming unemployed had I continued there.

I had originally let the property but the tenants changed their minds just prior to the start of their tenancy.

I am hoping to relet the property XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxaddressXXXXXX XXXXX and will be receiving an additional rental income of £250 per calendar month.

I have made an arrangement with Northern Rock to repay the arrears on the account at a rate of £100 per month and have made payments as follows;

8th August 2008 - £100

22nd August 2008 - £396

1st September 2008 - £100

These payments are in addition to my normal monthly payment of £406.00 which is paid by Direct Debit on the 1st of each month.

I intend to make payments of £506 on the 1st of each month until the arrears are cleared and then continue with my normal monthly payment of £406 per calendar month.

I enclose my income and expenditure for reference of the court Schedule 1.

Statement of Truth

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars of claim and Schedule 1, annexed hereto, are true to the best of my knowledge.

Comment

ok, my dad suggested this about bank charges too

I suggest you say you were heavily 'penalised' by your bank the legality of which you are currently challenging which they should take into account rather than just charged. What do you think?

Comment

and dont i need to put that i am paying my normal amount too ontop of the other payments on 01/09/08

and another thing... what about all the differing amounts on each bit of paperwork

Comment

better apart from the ''bills other bills'' bit
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by loulou View Post
                        and dont i need to put that i am paying my normal amount too ontop of the other payments on 01/09/08

#staysafestayhome

Comment

ok... time for some good news...

My housemate managed to get a loan to clear some of my arrears down. They would only lend him 2k so we have paid today 1600 off my arrears which puts me in just 1 months arrears and Northern Rock have phoned their solicitors and stopped the action...

Christ on a bike that was close!!!

I am celebrating by making a huge shepherds pie

Thank you all so much for your help and support.... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Good news, well done.

Comment

Excellent news loulou

Exactly how huge is the shepherds pie :tinysmile_aha_t:

I am starving

Comment

Well done hun, onwards and upwards eh !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X